Most Unbiased Honest Answer Please

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who have had both the Razr and the GN and have had the chance to compare outdoors.
Which phone's screen performs better in direct sunlight?
Thanks
As honest and unbiased as you can be. Important for my 52 yr old eyes:)

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had both and the Galaxy Nexus seems to be a little bit better / more visible, to me at least. The auto brightness on the Nexus seems a little wonky and doesnt seem to work correctly, but on medium or higher i dont have a problem seeing it in daylight

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
The Razr was way too uncomfortable to hold.. if you are going to have a phone for over a year it has to deal right. Plus the Nexus screen is better outdoors but the razr camera is slightly better at picture quality but zero shutter lag is great for getting the best shot with a group of people

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a RAZR outdoors, so I can't answer your actual question, but if I were you I'd pose this in the RAZR forum as well...just to see how results differ.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your answers I'm seriously weighing all the options.
Direct sunlight visibility is very important to me.
I have been going back and forth so much its ridiculous.
I was hoping to pick one up today or tomorow. I may have to wait til fri and go
to the store make them disconnect from display and take them outside and see.
Thanks again

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If direct sunlight visibility is important, also check out the Bionic. I switched from a Bionic to the Nexus and noticed that the Bionic has much better sunlight visibility... although the Nexus has the better indoors visibility.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used a RAZR in our outdoors, but I have no trouble seeing the Galaxy Nexus in direct sunlight. Whether the RAZR is better or not, it's seriously a non-issue on the Galaxy Nexus.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Its just personal prefrence, as I do spend a great deal of time out doors.
I know it will get the job done better than most. I just want the best.
Just part of weighing my pros and cons between the two

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
They should both perform about the same. I have no issues seeing my Nexus outside. Now if you bring the Rezound into the picture, you will not be able to see it at all outside.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
They should both perform about the same. I have no issues seeing my Nexus outside. Now if you bring the Rezound into the picture, you will not be able to see it at all outside.

See thats my point a phone has to be a phone all around, and frankly no offense.
The way the rezound is being marketed I think of it as a toy for teenie boppers
anyway..... so definitely not in my radar.lol
Teenie bopper showing my mileage huh? lol

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the RAZR for a few weeks, and I think it performs about the same as the Galaxy Nexus outdoors.

More of a concern to me is how uncomfortable the RAZR is to hold. Quite simply, it is just way too wide and slippery feeling. Not once did I ever feel like I had a secure grip on it. Even a slight bump from someone would send the phone flying out of my hand. And no, I don't have totally tiny hands, either.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the RAZR for a few weeks, and I think it performs about the same as the Galaxy Nexus outdoors.

More of a concern to me is how uncomfortable the RAZR is to hold. Quite simply, it is just way too wide and slippery feeling. Not once did I ever feel like I had a secure grip on it. Even a slight bump from someone would send the phone flying out of my hand. And no, I don't have totally tiny hands, either.

Now in all honesty; I do have to admit. Fow all that I liked about the Razr, the GN did feel better in my hand. It felt softer......it did have a sleekness to its feel

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones you can't go wrong with, but keep in mind the nexus will get updates very quick. The razr has a good screen but the resolution is lower than the nexus. The razr is also a lot wider than the nexus and I've heard some people complain about it being uncomfortable to hold. I chose the nexus because it seems to do everything a bit better but I did consider the razr heavily before I got the nexus. Also check out the rezound, its pretty good too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk