Mother of all PRLs??

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading a thread where someone had custom built a PRL that listed every tower, since some updates removed towers as well as adding new towers.

Recently, the newest update killed my connection at work, which had previously been pretty good. So I want to try this "complete" PRL to see if I can get my connection back when I'm at work.

But I can't find the thread where they had that PRL file. Anyone know where to find it??

Thanks in advance!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
try here
PRL'S sprint,verizon,alltel,Cricket,Telus modified costume - xda-developers

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=eabe...#cid=EABE29F3770D8D15&id=EABE29F3770D8D15!229

I remember reading a thread where someone had custom built a PRL that listed every tower, since some updates removed towers as well as adding new towers.

Recently, the newest update killed my connection at work, which had previously been pretty good. So I want to try this "complete" PRL to see if I can get my connection back when I'm at work.

But I can't find the thread where they had that PRL file. Anyone know where to find it??

Thanks in advance!

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the links, but I don't think any of these arwe what I was trying to find. (I might try a few, just in case)

What I was looking for was a sprint ONLY PRL that was a compilation of all the older ones. See, the new ones also remove or downgrade some towers when they add the new ones. The list I was hoping to find was a list that ONLY added new ones, while keeping all the old towers listed.

Does anyone remember that thread? It might have been on another sub-forum, since it was sprint, not EVO, related, but this is where I usually come to read, so I'm starting here.

antclauson

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
ETA fee??? does that mean sprint will terminate my contract without an early termination fee??? and will I be able to get another phone with them if this is the case?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
heres that works well, i know which one your talking about i just cant find it right now , i have so much stuff im sorting and its a bit lost

genuser

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now the stupid question of the week.

How do you install a custom PRL??

Depends a bit on which ROM your on. It requires the right epst.apk. If your phone responds to the ##775#, you are good to go to step 2.

1. Install the old epst.apk
2. Get your msl number if you don't already have it ("Msl reader" from the market can help here)
3. Download and extract the desired prl zip to your sd card
4. Open your dialer, and dial ##775# (##prl#)
5. When it asks for your password, enter your Msl number you got in step 2
6. Press update prl (it takes a few seconds while the phone scans your sd card for *.prl files)
7. Choose the desired prl from the list provided and press ok, this will return you to the "update prl" page
8. Press menu and "commit modifications"
9. It will tell you that your phone will reboot in 10 seconds, but it won't, so just reboot manually

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk