Moto G Kit Kat 4.4.4 first impressions

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Which is the best app on the play store that can help to save battery for my moto g?

I don't believe in them, just use my common sense.

I manually adjust the brightness to the minimum comfortable setting for the light conditions (I've never found auto mode to be particularly satisfactory on any phone); all locations services permanently off unless or until I actually need them; likewise Wi-Fi off if I'm not actually using it; the only apps I allow to sync are Gmail and WhatsApp; I only use vibrate for notifications whilst at work and never use haptic feedback; and NEVER use a task manager to kill your apps or keep manually killing them yourself, Android takes care of everything so just leave it alone.

Quite a few others I could mention but those are the main ones above. And of course, the BEST battery saver is to use your phone as little as possible!!

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

moarun

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
The only apps I use mainly are WhatsApp and some games like candy crush saga, doodle jump,etc... My location settings is on. But it is on battery saving mode...my brightness is really low..
In spite of all this the battery drains quite fast when my screen is on for a couple of minutes.. That's what bothers me.
I have reseted my phone to factory settings once... There was a good improvement.
But the battery started draining a little now.
I used to use battery doctor and du battery n all... Didn't find it very helpful. :/
I thought Facebook played a major role in the draining of my battery. So I uninstalled it too..

ParmoBomer

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I think its narfed my phone. Hadn't had the no sim icon till a day after I went up to 4.4.4 ... Now it happens every minute or so and I have no signal. At first I thought it was a problem with the three network, till I noticed the no sim icon showing up. Which means the sim definitely is not being detected right?

Anyone else got this or is it just me?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Try wiping the SIM with a lint free cloth and remount it.

I've noticed that with this and my previous XT890 that sometimes it can be a little tricky for the SIM to engage in the slot so make sure it properly clicks in.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

ParmoBomer

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Tried this to no avail. Seems like a dodgy sim could be to blame. Vodafone simcard worked fine in it. Three are sending me another one out to be delivered tomorrow hopefully. Will see how that goes.

Weird how it coincided with the update pretty much. At least it's not looking a problem with 4.4.4.

Mentioning the sim slot it does seem a bit flimsy.

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So it's been a week or so since I updated my unlocked UK Moto G to 4.4.4, here are my thoughts on some of the things others have posted about.
I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, less or more.
Apps are faster to open and seem faster in use, the phone in general is definitely faster. The only app that's been causing problems is Chrome, it just doesn't want to load some websites properly...whether that's a Chrome issue, a Chrome with 4.4.4 issue I have no idea, I'm sure there will be a fix for that some time.
Heatwise, yes, the phone heats up way more than it did before ( I did clear the partition cache, I didn't do a full reset.)...unless my phone actually starts to melt or it burns my hand I don't care too much if it heats up.
Some people mentioned music player and WiFi issues, again I haven't noticed anything like that.
Overall the Moto G is still the fanatastic phone it's always been, I don't use a case and it's pretty much scuff and scratch free, no marks at all on the screen, a faint mark on the back caused by some hair product splashing onto it while I was getting my hair cut...but that's easily fixed with a replacement back cover for £7.99 in the UK.
Can't complain...best phone I've ever had.

Harv.!

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel that the camera has improved some with 4.4.4. The processing seems to be a bit less harsh on the quality. With 4.4.2 as soon as you zoomed a bit, faces in particular was just o reddish, blurry mess. Now I feel that you actually can crop photos a bit tighter if you have the need 😃

moarun

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Few days back, I installed apus launcher. From then I've noticed that my battery is going down quickly and its not the battery I used to have.
Any solutions to retain my battery? :/

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I already have my developer options unlocked and animations down to none. I think my phone is already fast I'll just wait for the Android L update