Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Way better than kit Kat ever was on the phone it is very smooth and just as fast as before but with a way more modern design and feel!

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
For me it is exactly the opposite it is making my battery last like a solar panel on the sun! Been using it nonstop for about 3 hours and it used 16 percent display brightness is at 50% and battery saver is turned off too! This update has impressed me very much! Can't wait to see what Motorola has up its sleeves when it comes to a next major or minor update I do think they could have been faster at it but since they waited and got allot of the bugs fixed I can say that battery performance is absolutely stellar!

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

sunil dhole3

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I got lollipop notification. Before installing the lollipop update I did reset. Now the phone showing up to date notification when I check for update. What will I do get lollipop update notification again

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I got lollipop notification. Before installing the lollipop update I did reset. Now the phone showing up to date notification when I check for update. What will I do get lollipop update notification again

The factory reset is recommended after the update and never before. Now you have to do a couple of things.

Make sure in the Play Store that all your apps, specially the Motorola ones, are updated. Without doing that your Moto won't receive the notification for Lollipop.

And just wait. Your phone has been repositioned in the update queue again.

When finally you manage to update remember, don't reset before. And if you don't have any problems maybe you don't have to reset at all. Wiping the cache partition will help and no data will be lost.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I done everything you told.
But its not working. Phone showing up to date notification.
When will I gate L upade

You have to wait. Google release the update in batches. There's no way to know in which one and when your phone will be included. But don't worry, it will.

Last edited:

sunil dhole3

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Im in roaming. I am searching for update on WiFi. Not on mobile data.
Last time I checked on mobile data. I get notification. is it matter mobile data to check update

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Carrier matters everywhere and, in general, retail/unlocked phones will get the update before a locked one. But checking for updates through WiFi or mobile data shouldn't make any difference.

sunil dhole3

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I got lollipop update last night.... It's very good

But when using Mobile datA it isn't showing the edge 2g 3g or hspa icon. How to find which network I'm using 2g or 3g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver