Moto X (1st gen) on Straight Talk?

carlMode

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an att moto x 2013. Once I pay it off could I get a Sim kit for straight talk and use it on there or does it need to be unlocked?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto x with straight talk?

You get an AT&T SIM from Straight Talk (ST is a network operator, not a carrier - they use all 4 carriers, AT&T, Sprint, TMobile and Verizon), so it doesn't have to be unlocked - it's still on AT&T's network. It doesn't have to be paid off, but you still have to finish paying for it, so you'd have 2 accounts you're paying for. (If you just stopped paying for it, it would get blacklisted, and then you couldn't use it on any carrier's tower. They all use the same list.)

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I have an att moto x 2013. Once I pay it off could I get a Sim kit for straight talk and use it on there or does it need to be unlocked?

I bought my son the at&t moto x 1st gen off swappa and put it on straight talks at&t Sim with no problem. Ported his number from Verizon even. He loves it works like a charm. Just be sure to set your APN settings up to get LTE and MMS..

Posted via Android Central App

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I bought my son the at&t moto x 1st gen off swappa and put it on straight talks at&t Sim with no problem. Ported his number from Verizon even. He loves it works like a charm. Just be sure to set your APN settings up to get LTE and MMS..

Posted via Android Central App

What are the settings? I can't get it to work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord