Motorola: 'A LOT of inaccurate information out there' (DROID TURBO Lollipop Update)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
From Moto's David Schuster:

Hey, I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidSchuster/posts/CG4MW17DUNV

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola: 'A LOT of inaccurate information out there'

June 10th!!!

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I swear that this phone is the biggest trolled phone out there. It is like people love rubbing it in that we do not have a glitch update. They can have their update. Lollipop is one of the worst updates in Android history and will go down as such.

Posted via the Android Central App

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm a lone minority, but I actually wouldn't mind waiting for M, given the absence of a dark theme in L (along with other issues, and the fact KK is working just fine on mine)!

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm a lone minority, but I actually wouldn't mind waiting for M, given the absence of a dark theme in L (along with other issues, and the fact KK is working just fine on mine)!

I am with you on this one.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well to make up to the customers that have waited so long for lollipop, motorola would be smart to release this years droid with M already on it.

I like my turbo as is, but ill be looking at the new droid and the note5 this fall, since im pretty much a droid or note guy lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well to make up to the customers that have waited so long for lollipop, motorola would be smart to release this years droid with M already on it.

I like my turbo as is, but ill be looking at the new droid and the note5 this fall, since im pretty much a droid or note guy lol.

If M is out already.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
You think it would make people happy to announce, hey I know we scraped 5.0, so we're doing the same with 5.1, but believe us when we tell you it will be M, just wait patiently.... I'm pretty sure the lollipop forum would be flooded with tears. 😨 But I'm with you on skipping LP. Just Dont think it would make people happy to hear that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko