Motorola Moto G7 Power can't migrate data to internal SD Card

FedericoMartinez1

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have a Moto G7 Power with Android 10, I'm running out of storage so I bought a Micro SD fast enough to act as part of the internal storage (UHS-I U3, Class 30, A2), so I go to Settings-> Storage and then go to the SD card, touch storage settings, Format as Internal and it's supposed to be done. I get a prompt to migrate the data to the SD card (attachment) and I touch the button but NOTHING happens, no matter how long I wait, nothing happens, no error, nothing, only option is to go back or touch "Move content later" but that's useless. So I try to do it manually, I have TeamViewer and it allows the app to be moved to an SD card, same thing happens, I press "Move" but nothing happens, it's driving me insane and I feel cheated. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks in advance :(

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 4

FedericoMartinez1

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for replying! I checked that website and everything checks out, my SD Card is not the problem here, it's definetely Motorola or Android 10, as if they don't want me expanding the internal storage =/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen on this forum, it seems that Moto tends not to implement Adoptable Storage very well, so it might be an issue with their firmware. You could try reaching out to Moto support about it, but I'm not sure how much success you'll have getting a response.:-\

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe