Motorola Rep shows up, Verizon Store Pictures Taken!

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Says bworley50 lol! It's really just pointless at this point for there to STILL be this much secrecy on the Bionic. I can't see any surprises from this phone anymore. I do think the reason might be there are still problems with the test units.

shrugger

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, didnt get much feedback. One of the amazon cases for the Bionic had dimensions on the Case: Amazon.com: Motorola Targa XT875 XT-875 Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector: Cell Phones & Accessories
Product Dimensions: 5 x 2.8 x 0.5 inches ; 1.4 ounces

Quick Comparisons:
Droid Charge = 5.11 x 2.66 x .46 in.
Thunderbolt = 4.8 x 2.6 x .51 in.
Droid X2 = 5.02 x 2.58 x 0.39 in.
Revolution = 5.03 x 2.63 x 0.52 in.

If this case dim's are accurate then the Bionic isn't any bigger than the other 4.3" phones.

Actually, it's noticeably bigger. Looking at cubic inches (the total amount of space it will take in your pocket)...

Droid X2 - 5.0511
Droid Charge - 6.2525
Thunderbolt - 6.3648
Revolution - 6.8790
Bionic - 7.0000

If the specs are accurate, the Bionic represents 40% "more phone" (take that any way you want:)) than the X2 for the same screen size. That's a big freakin' phone!

I find the Thunderbolt pretty chunky, but the Bionic would be 10% beefier for the same size screen.

Hopefully, it's just a matter of measuring case sizes vs. phone sizes, which I suspect it is.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it's noticeably bigger. Looking at cubic inches (the total amount of space it will take in your pocket)...

Droid X2 - 5.0511
Droid Charge - 6.2525
Thunderbolt - 6.3648
Revolution - 6.8790
Bionic - 7.0000

If the specs are accurate, the Bionic represents 40% "more phone" (take that any way you want:)) than the X2 for the same screen size. That's a big freakin' phone!

I find the Thunderbolt pretty chunky, but the Bionic would be 10% beefier for the same size screen.

Hopefully, it's just a matter of measuring case sizes vs. phone sizes, which I suspect it is.

Excuse me, is that a Bionic in your pocket or are you just ... :p

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I believe that the thinkness measure for the Bionic has been taken where the "hump" is located, so that isn't representative of the entire phone. Can't tell from your calculations if there was any adjustment made to your measure or if it was assumed to be the thinkness of the full length/width of the phone.

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the thinkness measure for the Bionic has been taken where the "hump" is located, so that isn't representative of the entire phone. Can't tell from your calculations if there was any adjustment made to your measure or if it was assumed to be the thinkness of the full length/width of the phone.

I think much the same.

shrugger

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully, that is correct- I'm just using Jasper's numbers. On the other hand, the X2 and Charge all have humps as well.

I don't think it'll really be that much bigger- just pointing out that you can't tell from those numbers.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

The only really accurate way to calculate the "volume" of your phone is to dunk it in a liquid and see how much is displaced.

Who wants to go first with their new Bionic when/if it ever gets released? :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332