Motorola's Nexus - possible details on new mid-range Nexus phone

heat3610

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Its meant to be a budget to midrange phone to be used with Google glass and the future Google watch, that they are working on. will run the latest android version with optional Motorola customizations.

Last edited:

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The spec sheet that was leaked showed 1.2ghz quad core processor as a selling point, but only had 1gb ram on it
ive actually held the device :)

i tabbed thru the 'about phone' section and thought i remember seeing 2gb. no cpu listed there, but my buddy just said 8960...didnt denote pro or not.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ive actually held the device :)

i tabbed thru the 'about phone' section and thought i remember seeing 2gb. no cpu listed there, but my buddy just said 8960...didnt denote pro or not.

you're not the only one

as far as yesterday it was 1gb with a 1.2ghz quad proc. not to say there couldn't be multiple variations being tested or shown

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a sweet little phone for emerging markets or people who don't really care for top specs.
I'm still waiting for another top line Nexus (or Nexus-like package) that will work on Verizon. Please Google, please!

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It didn't ave another version of android right. It was jellybean?
yeah, jb...very vanilla android, but not.

- - - Updated - - -

you're not the only one

as far as yesterday it was 1gb with a 1.2ghz quad proc. not to say there couldn't be multiple variations being tested or shown
i hope it's not 1gb. id rather have dual/2gb than quad/1gb.

edit:
thinking about it, it WAS super snappy. much moreso than my gs3 (w/s4). very well could have been the s4 pro.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a sweet little phone for emerging markets or people who don't really care for top specs.
I'm still waiting for another top line Nexus (or Nexus-like package) that will work on Verizon. Please Google, please!
I do, too but every time I ask anyone at Verizon they say no, never again. It doesn't seem like a Google issue as much as a Verizon issue.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, jb...very vanilla android, but not.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope it's not 1gb. id rather have dual/2gb than quad/1gb.

edit:
thinking about it, it WAS super snappy. much moreso than my gs3 (w/s4). very well could have been the s4 pro.

i agree, the 1gb of ram scared me a bit. i dont understand why it would have less than the nexus 4 at this point, especially considering it should be released over half a year from the nexus 4.

heat3610

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The point is to hit a low price point $199 and iI know ram is cheap, but maybe they spent more on other parts and couldn't add an extra gig of ram.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Its meant to be a budget to midrange phone to be used with Google glass and the future Google watch, that they are working on. will run the latest android version with optional Motorola customizations.

If branded as a Nexus, it shouldn't have "Motorola customizations" on it though. ;)

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I think the new T-Mobile setup will push more customers to mid level devices to save money. I hope the camera is better, remember the promise for a great camera, and a decent screen with great battery life. I hope it is on all major carriers.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Right now the name Nexus means something. Has a mystique all its own. If Google starts putting out Nexus mid range devices all over the place the Nexus name will lose that. And may suffer in the long run.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Right now the name Nexus means something. Has a mystique all its own. If Google starts putting out Nexus mid range devices all over the place the Nexus name will lose that. And may suffer in the long run.

The Nexus-line shows off the software features of stock/AOSP Android. Hardware should be irrelevant.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I do, too but every time I ask anyone at Verizon they say no, never again. It doesn't seem like a Google issue as much as a Verizon issue.
Do you ask just regular techs or you have some upper level connections?

What is their freaking problem with Nexus? Is it just because they are control freaks? I would love to switch but I'd have to pay a hefty cancellation fee for all 3 lines.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays