movies not playing on htc desire 300

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have bought movies using Google play but they don't play I have sound but no picture? Please help as I use the movies to entertain my daughter when we are out.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you playing the movies through the Google Play Movies app? Do you know if you bought the HD version of the movie? Because an HD version might not play correctly on your phone's screen, which is 800 x 480 (standard definition).

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I am trying to play them through Google play movies and I bought the standard version.

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
No luck yet it is a new device for me not sure what other player I could use and how they would be able to pick up the movies I have purchased.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No luck yet it is a new device for me not sure what other player I could use and how they would be able to pick up the movies I have purchased.

If you find them on your phone, (rename them if necessary and) try MX player. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank hype do I get mx player to find my Google play purchases?

Posted via Android Central App
Look in the Android or Data folder for a folder with movies in the folder name - it will be a long folder name. They should be in there. Use ES File Explorer (it's a good free file manager).

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that and looked into the android and data folders and nothing in them relating to movies and yet when I go to Google play movies app they say on device? I really appreciate your help with this.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that and looked into the android and data folders and nothing in them relating to movies and yet when I go to Google play movies app they say on device? I really appreciate your help with this.

com.google.android.videos ? Maybe that's the right one. Remember, the file names get changed by google. Try to see if the file extensions are right for video though.

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much but I am using the es explorer app and it is not finding anything I am so p***** off as I have purchased the movies etc so my daughter can watch them they worked fine on my Samsung s3 but on this htc it isn't working we can hear but no image I am running a search on the com.google.android etc I hope the Explorer finds it, I can't understand how they are on the device in Google play movies app but then can't find them. Ok found them on es explorer asked to view on my player again sound but no image HELP!!

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you I did try to mp4 but still no luck I will try the link thank u again surely I am not the only one with this problem?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you I did try to mp4 but still no luck I will try the link thank u again surely I am not the only one with this problem?

Lol, you're definitely not the only one. But the solution I believe is there in the link, post #17. :)

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Help help tried the link and still no joy it plays audio but no images. What is Google doing about this they work fine on my galaxy s2 and my tablet just not on my new HTC desire 300.