Moving from Pixel 3 to 6 Pro but stuff is not transferring

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to avoid recreating too much stuff. My bluetooth settings did not transfer. My 3 has been problematic and powers off when it wants to. Did so during some of the transfer. Is there a way to get things like bluetooth pairings copied over.

I guess is there another way to getting various settings transferred to the new phone?

What have I forgot to ask since I've not moved phones in about two and a half years. What a pain!!!

Okay, now that the newness has worn off for some of you folks, what case(s) have you finally adopted and which ones were a washout, sitting in a drawer somewhere?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was a Pixel 3 XL. I now have a Pixel 6 Pro. I set it up as a new phone and did not try to transfer anything. I much prefer to do it that way as it eliminates a lot of problems. I've had my Pixel 6 Pro for over two months and really like it.

I've had many dozens of cases over the years. I prefer my Bellroy Leather case. It's the best case I've ever used.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if bluetooth settings/pairings transer over. You might just have to do them manually on the Pixel 6.

I use the official Google 'Stormy Sky' case on my white Pixel 6 Pro. It looks decent, but it's very smooth and slippery, and doesn't seem to have great protection around the phone, especially the sides.

I'd probably advise against getting it. Maybe get a Spigen or something with better grip/protection around the phone.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Some settings do but I don't believe BT pairings carry over.

Ghostek and Dbrand are good. All depends on how much you're willing to spend and what protection level you want.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone is so darn slippery that I made a temporary case for it. I wrapped it in saran wrap!!! :D I wonder if there's a way to get the back sandblasted to a nice matte finish? I really do wonder what the designers were thinking or maybe they were not thinking. Did anyone and by that I mean designers, ever pick one up and have it slip immediately out of their hand?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My previous phone was a Pixel 3 XL. I now have a Pixel 6 Pro. I set it up as a new phone and did not try to transfer anything. I much prefer to do it that way as it eliminates a lot of problems. I've had my Pixel 6 Pro for over two months and really like it.

I've had many dozens of cases over the years. I prefer my Bellroy Leather case. It's the best case I've ever used.
I've always started from a clean slate on my new phones. No reason to clog a brand new phone with the 2+yrs of junk I've accumulated on the phone I'm replacing.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've always started from a clean slate on my new phones. No reason to clog a brand new phone with the 2+yrs of junk I've accumulated on the phone I'm replacing.

That's a good point. I have a video screen capture of my Pixel3's various screens, icons and widgets. But as I look at it and try getting the new phone more comfortable, I've decided not to drag all those app icons back to the home screens. Trying to sift stuff. But it is a hoarder's nightmare!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe