Moving on

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well this is my goodbye to the LG Optimus S phone of mine. I have finally upgraded to the Samsung galaxy series. Now hopefully i can root this baby as easy as the old phone i have. Thanks to all who have helped me & thanks to the wonderful devs who developed those nice ROMS, may my Optimus rest in peace..as a paper weight :D

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well kinda embarrassing to say :eek: but I went with this Samsung galaxy prevail. Hopefully there are some roms for this thing. Omg this was such a pain to root this phone. Much different than rooting the Optimus but finally did it after fully understanding it. I miss my old phone already but needed to get back with Samsung. Imo Samsung is the best.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Android Central Forums

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well seems like I had way too much fun with it unfortunately :(. I had successfully rooted the phone but then when I did a factory reset(which i was told to do when i rooted from froyo to gingerbread) it totally messed everything up. The battery icon had a ? in it i kept getting the error 67 registered phone & my apps would not behave from a backup. Probably was due to the phone being rooted twice. Once by this one click root & again by Odin so I assumed it was the problem. I am getting another replacement hopefully :/. I also realized that the phone i had was referbished so that also could be it but for now I will go with the latter; rooted twice in one night. God I miss my optimus s!

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Also i have discovered that both the samsung galaxy prevail & the optimus s have the same charging port which is a good thing for me since i have extra chargers laying around :D

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Do not do a factory reset from the privacy menu with a custom recovery in place!

And yes, micro USB is becoming the standard among Android devices and others. So nice to have a standard for something with this simple a task. If only Apple would get on board....

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Funny but how come when I used odin i was told to do a factory reset or else google wouldn't recognize my account. Kinda confusing, so ended up get ting a free replacement. I am scared of rooting that thing now lol. At least i can still use my optimus for the forums. This is a much nicer community than the Prevail's for some reason.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the optimus s for 2 years.

Have the Samsung galaxy S3 now. Was pretty easy to root. Luckily like the optimus the s3 if hard to brick.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums