Moving the Photo and Video options apart on my Ultra?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe not possible but more than once I went to take a pic of nature and hit the video button which I did not want. Just did it again with a good size Buck near my front door. Can I play with this and move them apart?

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That would be a great option. 👍 Having the ability to rearrange those buttons...

I have done the same thing. Sometimes, I have had to pull a frame from the 'mistake video' to get the photo I wanted.

Reactions: EODK9Trainer

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the issue. When I open my camera it defaults to photo and I only have to press the shutter button. I would have to work to reach the video option so I don't know how this is happening. The only thing I could recommend would be to get a 3rd party camera app from the Play Store that lays it out differently for you.
5660559dbf8bc8b981bea9ef3a02ff2b.jpg

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not possible but more than once I went to take a pic of nature and hit the video button which I did not want. Just did it again with a good size Buck near my front door. Can I play with this and move them apart?
The last thing I am is a camera expert...however what you may need to look at is this:
open camera > tap settings (top left) > settings to keep > camera mode
Notice the wording under "camera mode" and do you have it turned on? If so it will always open to the last used setting. YMMV

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The last thing I am is a camera expert...however what you may need to look at is this:
open camera > tap settings (top left) > settings to keep > camera mode
Notice the wording under "camera mode" and do you have it turned on? If so it will always open to the last used setting. YMMV
Thanks, that is worth a try.
😄

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing, how are you accidentally changing to video when opening the camera to take a photo? Please show a screenshot or explain because I'm lost.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
What am I missing, how are you accidentally changing to video when opening the camera to take a photo? Please show a screenshot or explain because I'm lost.
I believe this is the issue. Large hands and when I am trying to get something kind of quick I may be hitting the Video option. I'd like to move it away so I am at least not doing Video. I'm going to try an option mentioned above in a minute to see if I can have it revert back to the last used feature which is almost always Photo.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is it because you are pressing and holding the shutter button? This will record a video until you release the shutter. Try making sure you are tapping the shutter button and not holding it...
See that's what I was thinking because there is just no way to accidentally slide the focus from photo to video accidentally. And if it was a touch you'd still have to touch it twice. Touch the video option to change the focus and then the shutter button to perform the action.