Moving to new old house Cell Phone signal strength for AT&T and Verizon.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I turned it on. Called my brother accross the state and the call went thru from inside the kitchen. But did it use WiFi calling - dunno. I didn't see any notice that the phone (Pixel XL) was using WiFi. Should I?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I usually see the wi-fi calling designation on the lockscreen, but I don't think it appears anywhere else if you're currently using it. I think it's safe to say that if your call reception is a lot better now, it's probably the wi-fi calling.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep monitoring the WI-FI symbol on this (Pixel XL) Phone and checking the phone line (Spectrum tech suggestion) annnnddd ... it's off again.
At least once/day. Sheesh time to call tech support, again.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Wifi back up now (!) earlier tech support could not "see" anything amiss but when I booted up my laptop I had a WiFi connection on it and (then) WiFi on the phone. Stumped!!
Could be my phone?? I ordered a Pixel 4a the other day cause the battery on this one is not holding a charge as long as when it was new.
Guess I'll see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're using a router or modem/router combo supplied by Spectrum themselves? If so, you may want to consider getting your own router (and if you're using a modem/router combo, turn off the router feature). I haven't had great experiences with equipment supplied by the cable company.

In the meantime, try some of the steps here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
P.S. It took 2 days for me to answer cause Spectrum is up and down like a yo-yo.
I heard one comment that somebody cut a fiber line. Spectrum, in a canned telephone response message, says they're upgrading ... something - and please be patient.
They need to upgrade their service, that's for certain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, well I guess we'll have to wait for them to resolve that issue to see if that's in fact what your problem is. If they claim the problem is solved and you're still having issues, then sometimes the solution is to get a different router.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moving to new old house Cell Phone signal strength for AT&T and Verizon.

Maybe the joke's on me.

Moving furniture around and putting the Cable Modem, Router, DVR, TV, etc on an UPS I had to push the TV console/cabinet back against the wall and the connect everything. The cats love to short cut their room prowl by getting behind everything they can so they've been passing below the outlet on the wall that the Router was plugged into. "Hmm, says I, this feels a mite loose in the socket". (In my defense the Spectrum tech did the initial connecting).
So I brought out a short 6 outlet strip and put everything on it and on another wall outlet, this one on the far side of the TV plus I put a plant stand in front of that outlet. Now the critters have to detour around both and the WiFi has been stable today. Now who'd thunk it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moving to new old house Cell Phone signal strength for AT&T and Verizon.

Maybe the joke's on me.

Moving furniture around and putting the Cable Modem, Router, DVR, TV, etc on an UPS I had to push the TV console/cabinet back against the wall and the connect everything. The cats love to short cut their room prowl by getting behind everything they can so they've been passing below the outlet on the wall that the Router was plugged into. "Hmm, says I, this feels a mite loose in the socket". (In my defense the Spectrum tech did the initial connecting).
So I brought out a short 6 outlet strip and put everything on it and on another wall outlet, this one on the far side of the TV plus I put a plant stand in front of that outlet. Now the critters have to detour around both and the WiFi has been stable today. Now who'd thunk it.

LOL, that's hilarious! At least they're not gnawing on the cords.:p

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
That's next, I'm sure!

Seriously the touch would have been their (3 individuals) tails brushing against the plug! It must have been just dangling instead of securely attached. Still I ain't saying its "da cure" till Monday.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to confirm it's a problem with Spectrum, or are they claiming no problems with their network?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
They're not real responsive. When I last called the tech support number I more or less stumbled on
At first I was keeping a log, then when I had a dial tone but no internet I was throughly confused. Guess I need to keep a record: Date and time; Internet yes/no; Dial tone yes/no; Router but no Internet yes/no. And probably local weather (?).
Seems like the Router firmware should be logging some part of that. When I looked I couldn't find it. Well pencil and paper is techie enough some days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332