Multi-phoners‽

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
We shall see when it arrives tomorrow. If it's not like I expect, like it was marketed, like almost new...I won't be keeping it. Fingers crossed.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
It will basically look brand new. Samsung refurbished devices are about the closest you can get to brand new. And yeah, IDK why but black or gray seems to be the only colors Samsung offers refurbished.

I could order an S21 Ultra of which they would give me like 500 for my Note 10+, but I really dont feel like owing money on another device.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It will basically look brand new. Samsung refurbished devices are about the closest you can get to brand new. And yeah, IDK why but black or gray seems to be the only colors Samsung offers refurbished.

I could order an S21 Ultra of which they would give me like 500 for my Note 10+, but I really dont feel like owing money on another device.
I'd keep the Note, since I wouldn't want to give up the S Pen.

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
I'm not fan of carrying 2 phones all the time. Back in the days, while I was working in the previous company, they'd give us some cheap phone that we needed to carry with us all the time, in case the boss calls, or if HR need to reach out to us. But those days are long gone.
At home I have many devices, like 6-7 (android tablet/phone, iphone, ipad) for testing/development purposes.
When I go for a smoke break I usually take the Galaxy Tab, for browsing and testing, and after the first break I leave it there to wait me for the next break :D

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I finally got my Note 10+ today. A week and a day late. At least Samsung refunded shipping. It's in brand-new condition and is updating to Android 12 now. I'm pretty happy even though it cost me my 6/128 Note 9 and $343US. It'll make a good adventure running/biking phone I think while offering most of the experiences of the S22 Ultra.

Satisfied.
563221971ab962589cad4823b19eae23.jpg
28e228f67e9b4a4fa88c8313549ad36f.jpg
ac5288a22518b9e0726a174a18446a96.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my Note 10+ today. A week and a day late. At least Samsung refunded shipping. It's in brand-new condition and is updating to Android 12 now. I'm pretty happy even though it cost me my 6/128 Note 9 and $343US. It'll make a good adventure running/biking phone I think while offering most of the experiences of the S22 Ultra.

Satisfied.
563221971ab962589cad4823b19eae23.jpg
28e228f67e9b4a4fa88c8313549ad36f.jpg
ac5288a22518b9e0726a174a18446a96.jpg

So glad you received your Note 10+ today, and that Samsung removed the shipping cost! So glad you are satisfied! Enjoy!

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Greetings all! I just happened upon this thread by accident and didn't know it existed. I've always gone between LG and Samsung as I found their phones good quality, feature-filled devices that offered the best bang for the buck. I do alot of mobile photography and always found their camera/video/audio set ups produced impressive results and LG's Quad Dac system coupled with a good pair of wired headphones really made music come alive. My current line up includes an LG V20, Note 9, LG V40 and a Note 20 Ultra. My work-supplied phone is an S21 Plus. I held on to my V20 because it was the last of its kind with its removable battery and infrared remote control. I used to dust it off and carry it with me when I had a medical appointment so that I could change the channels on the waiting room TV. It was funny to see people's reaction. The Note 9 is like the Swiss Army knife of androids with unique features like a pulse oximeter and user-selectable dual aperture cameras. My daily driver is the LG V40. It is so light for a big screen phone and it has a special audio sensor that allows it to pick up Google voice assistant commands without having to yell to trigger "Hey/OK Google." My Note 20 Ultra is my weekend device where I take it out when I'm involved in an event where that powerful zoom lens comes in handy like at a concert or while hiking a nature trail. I'm pretty satisfied with the devices I have now and hopefully will not be tempted to buy a new device anytime soon. I think Android development has hit a.plateau at this point but I am anxious to see what the future will bring.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Recently, I had as many as four devices. I had ordered a few devices. I had the Note 9, Note 10 plus, Note 20 Ultra and S10 5G. The S10 5G went back. I had ordered both the N20U and S10 5G from Amazon just to try out since they have that awesome 90 day return policy. I am really liking the N20U, but... I am on the edge of whether I should upgrade or to it or not. I am geared towards the Note 20 Ultra, but in all honestly, my Note 10 plus still works great and in some cases is even better than the Note 20 Ultra, like the 256gb of storage, more saturated screen, battery life, speakers, and the camera seems to be a bit more saturated and punchy in images which is what I like. The N20U seems to be a little bit more realistic.

The device is also two years old, and paying that much for a two year old device doesn't seem to be a great value entirely to me. When I got my Note 10 plus originally, it was under two years old so a bit more worth it when I got it.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
UK calling.

I bought a (Xiaomi) Poco F2 Pro in mid 2020 and it does give, for me, the flagship experience with its SD865 and Super Amoled 1080p (60hz) screen, 8 ram /256 UFS 3.1/ddr5 storage , decent support and updates so far etc

I have now kept 4 perfectly good, from new phones for the last 18 months, mostly because I can't face the hassle of selling them for diddly squat; partly because I need one for a second number (yes even though I do have two dual sim phones) and partly it's the only way I'm going to feel flush!

So I now have:
a Poco F2 Pro as my excellent daily,

a Mi 10 Lite 5G bought the month before (sd765 amoled, no sd, 64gb total),

a Nokia 7 Plus - that was my sole phone, and which Nokia kindly had the port replaced in Budapest, Hungary leaving me without any phone for it turns out only 6 days - but I bought an end of line / reduced

Moto E6 Plus, to tide my over.

The Moto is an excellent device at the other end of the performance scale but is amazing for what it can do. I keep my second sim in it as it's very light and compact, with a decent case supplied.

BTW : The new Asus Zenphone 9 is a good improvement apparently on the Zenfone 8 (battery life especially).

The Poco is heavy at 220gm and large but it's well protected.

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
You have a lot going on! Currently I have the Note 9, Note 10+ and LG V60. I used to be an LG guy years ago and I had the V30 for nearly two years. It was my favorite phone for a long time.

So I got the T-Mobile branded V60 from Amazon renewed recently. It literally looked brand new. I know LG's out of the phone business, but they are still updating this device to at least Android 13. It's quite fantastic. It's got to be the brightest screen on a phone I've ever seen, with a FLAT screen also! Instead of those stupid curved, edge displays. Camera's decent. Super loud speakers. A HEADPHONE JACK! WOW. Only thing I don't like is the fact that the sound system seems to be really inconsistent through the headphone jack port. Doesn't sound quite right while listening to audio through my AUX cable in the car. But yet, when I plug in my adapter to the USB-C outlet on the phone and listen to music that way, it sounds way better with a louder, fuller sound. I can't make sense out of it. I am guessing maybe the 3.5mm port/quad dac has some kind of limitations or something. It doesn't matter what settings I've tried as none of it sounds as good as through the adapter. Very odd...

Phone is super speedy though and for half the price, honestly, I am way more impressed with this device than I was with the Note 20U. I am worried about it's longevity though if I keep it as many users have reported issues of the charging port failing. I considered keeping this and selling my N10+, but I don't know about that yet. I have tried selling my Note 9, but that hasn't worked out. I would probably be able to sell my N10+ fairly easily I suppose for a good price.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred