Multimedia Dock Question

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So I just got my car mount and multimedia cradle, both of which are great. Anyways, I'm in the sleep mode screen, have it dimmed, etc.

My question is WHY don't the 4 bottom buttons turn off!? Or do they? I read somewhere that they don't.. please correct me.

Richa13er

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine do not either. Not siure why. The only reason I can think that they don't is so you can see them if your using them at night since if it on the dock it can be used as a alarm clock. just a guess.

p4trickh#IM

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wait you guys already got a multimedia station? How/where? Everywhere I look says it is coming "soon" and I haven't seen it in stores. Am I mistaken?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Wait you guys already got a multimedia station? How/where? Everywhere I look says it is coming "soon" and I haven't seen it in stores. Am I mistaken?

They are out, but apparently somewhat hard to find due to low stock. I bought mine on the 6th when I got the Droid, but apparently they are pretty hard to find right now.

Richa13er

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They are hard to find. I got lucky and walked into my local store a couple days ago and picked up the only one they had. I'm still looking for another. one for work and one for home.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, they were released at the same time as the droid, but ran out of stock pretty fast i guess.

the lights don't turn off, kind of annoying, but once you're asleep it really shouldn't matter right? ;)

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I got mine when I got the phone on the release day. I just ordered a second one for my office yesterday off the verizon web site. If you do it through your account you get a 25% discount and free second day shipping.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my first one in the store, they shipped it to my office. I went to my local store last Thursday to see if they had one in stock, they had run out.....as I was walking out, the saleslady stopped me and said someone that was going to buy it changed their mind, and I bought the last one....one for the office, one for the home.

Try to order it online, I think they have a lot more in the warehouse than in the stores for some reason.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Not to mention the back light on the dim setting is TOO bright. They need to make the backround black and the numbers white. The Storm dock + clock mode was perfect.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yea I thought the light is too bright as well. I miss the sleep mode in blackberry, but not going back to bb no time soon. I wonder if there is an app that allows it to fully go in sleep mode.

Speaking of sleep mode, is there a way to add your personal ringtone to the alarm clock?

anon(2112)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yea I thought the light is too bright as well. I miss the sleep mode in blackberry, but not going back to bb no time soon. I wonder if there is an app that allows it to fully go in sleep mode.

Speaking of sleep mode, is there a way to add your personal ringtone to the alarm clock?

I created a root folder named Alarms and transferred an mp3 to the alarm file. Works great, will show as an option under alarms.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was lucky enough to walk into my Verizon store yesterday and they had ONE left in stock. The rep said that they had around 15 to start the day off with, so I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Good luck getting either the car dock or the multimedia dock unless you're extremely lucky like the guy above me.

I've been trying for the last week to get the car dock and every place is sold and has no idea when more are coming in. Hell even the Motorola website is back ordered.

mike122074

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I just went to my local Verizon store yesterday, and ordered one and the lady told me they have like 7000 in my local warehouse here in the DC area. It only takes a couple days to get...

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Good luck getting either the car dock or the multimedia dock unless you're extremely lucky like the guy above me.

I've been trying for the last week to get the car dock and every place is sold and has no idea when more are coming in. Hell even the Motorola website is back ordered.

Iordered my car dock through a local store and had it in about 3 days, fedex'd to my door.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Yes, just make sure that you have the ringtone saved on your SD card and in the 'music' app you have the option to save as a ringtone... If you go into your Alarm app, you can make whatever you chose to be your ringtone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo