Multiple Users and Mobileiron (MDM) settings

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not incredibly certain this is the correct place for this but it seemed like the best fit to me. (Please let me know if this would be better posted elsewhere.) Apologies in advance for the long post but I'm looking for some help as to if what I'm trying to do is actually possible before spending too much effort trying to get to work. Device is a Pixel 2XL with Android 10. My work uses Mobileiron which I use occasionally when I travel on business since I can't always get out my laptop and have to use journey management apps when I drive. Is it possible to have 2 user accounts set up so I don't have to worry about mixing company use and personal use on the same account? Without sharing ANY settings? (More details below if you want to keep reading.)

I was able to install Mobileiron and can access the apps (though I think some aren't functional on Android 10 just yet) but my big issue is when it comes to connecting to the company wifi. I've installed Mobileiron before but just put it on my main (and only) user and it automatically connected to my building's internal wifi (not guest network). When I created this separate user account and installed Mobileiron there instead it does not connect to the internal wifi. This morning I connected to the guest network (requires company credential login) on my "work" user before switching back over to my "personal" user. Later I happened to notice that my phone was signed on to the guest wifi on the "personal" user even though I was on the other user when I signed in. Is this cross-user setting why I'm not able to access the internal network on the work user (since I don't have Mobileiron installed on all users) and is there a way for this setting to NOT be shared?? I don't want my personal device use going through our company network so ideally I'd like to be able to have it setup to where the work user account connects to our wifi but the personal user account does not and without me having to worry about checking to see if I'm on the wifi or using my data. Is what

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to the guest account, go to WiFi and tap the "non-guest" account, and log into it. (And "Forget" the guest account.)

Each account, main and guest, has to log into a WiFi router separately. Once.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos