Music doesn't switch back to BT after phone call.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If I'm listening to music through BT and a call comes in, it switches over perfectly. After I hang up on the call, the music starts to play again but I can't hear it through BT. I need to toggle the BT off then on again, and then it works fine.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same, I find it annoying as hell!! If it turn my headphones off and then back on it will reconnect usually. I'm using lg tone BT headphones and really like them BTW.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened when the Moto X got the 4.4 update. What devs found was Motorola was using their own Bluetooth stack with 4.3 but switched to the AOSP Bluetooth stack in 4.4 which is causing the issue. I'm hoping with the next update Motorola switches back to their own built Bluetooth given they have had more time to work on any 4.4 bugs.

Beamed from my Moto X

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing the same, and have been cycling bluetooth on/off to remedy as well. Terribly annoying, doesnt seem to matter if Assist is on or not. Also, it happens about 80% of the time, not always. My onlt gripe with this phone so far, 1 I'm counting on them fixing with and update.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just had it happen to me yesterday. It was "playing" without sound. I just got a new head unit with bluetooth installed a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my Moto X

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you look carefully I bet the music is actually on fast forward, which is why you don't hear anything. See my thread below. The plus side is I reported this to Motorola and they said a fix will be in the next system update.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...h-fast-forward-bug-after-phone-call-ends.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zlUIZ-deE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit: This only happens with certain Bluetooth devices. For me it happened on 2 out of my 3 devices. I no longer have the moto x so can't test anymore.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Could be. I'm also seeing it in the Pocket app which uses TTS. There isn't a progress bar so hard to say. One other thing of note, I'm using the BTC450 too.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I haven't noticed this issue on my VZW Moto X running stock 4.4, I use a Jawbone Jambox and it switches between calls and music just fine.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed this issue on my VZW Moto X running stock 4.4, I use a Jawbone Jambox and it switches between calls and music just fine.

In not familiar with that product. Does it have a "phone" button or are you controlling/prompting via phone. The BTC450 seems to have more issues if I use the buttons on it versus doing everything on the phone.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

It only does it on certain devices. The bug happened on my Kinivo BTC-450 and my Jabra Journey, but not on my Jabra SP-700.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The Jambox works as a speakerphone, but no, there is no "phone button", just volume controls. Other functions are handled by the Moto X.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
In not familiar with that product. Does it have a "phone" button or are you controlling/prompting via phone. The BTC450 seems to have more issues if I use the buttons on it versus doing everything on the phone.

I'm thinking the same thing. If I avoid using the call button on my stereo head unit, I don't seem to have a problem (so far.)

Sent from my Moto X

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing. If I avoid using the call button on my stereo head unit, I don't seem to have a problem (so far.)

Sent from my Moto X

I froze mine up today pretty good. At a stop light there was a break in pocket TTS. I used touch less control to dial a number and then hung up on the 3rd ring. Pocket wouldn't resume playing (said it was but nothing to speaker). When I got to work I stayed in car and fired up Google music to test the fast forward theory. It froze. Buttons/menus unresponsive. Tried spotify. It said it was playing but again no sound. I eventually just pulled the plug on the car kit which seemed to make the phone start behaving again. Worked OK on the way home but no phone calls.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Made two calls on way to work using "phone" button on BTC450 after 4.4.2 update. Playback resumed afterward. Fingers crossed.