MX Video Player - cant play certain .avi files

nasellok

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Nexus, and subsequently, MX Video player since launch, and have never had an issue playing .avi files. Now for some reason, i cannot play some video files - see image below. The videos that wont play have titles that are grayed out, and they will not open, let alone play. One of them i have audio, but no video. Im not sure if this has something to do with the new 4.04 update, or some other issues (i dont necessarily own the dvd's for these movies). Is there some sort of CODEC issue i should look to update, or anything.

These same files all play just fine off of my external hard drive on my PS3, but i travel a lot, and watch movies via MHL-HDMI from my phone, and would like to resolve the issue.

To make matters worse, the files play on my Ipad, and i am somewhat ashamed to admit that, considering i hate everything apple stands for (the only reason i use an ipad is because work gave it to me).

Anyways, if anyone has any advise they can give me, it would be appreciated. Thanks!!

clicq0

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Does Dice Player work with the files? I've run into some files that MX Player won't work with but Dice can...

Otherwise, what codec is the video in? On your PC, you can use a program like MediaInfo (MediaInfo) to find out.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why they're greyed out.

Did you have to reinstall MX player after flashing a rom or using Titanium B/U? When I flashed IMM76K MX player was set back to defaults. Some of the xvid files I had wouldn't play anymore. Then I remembered that some encoding settings didn't work with hardware. decryption. I had to use software decryption . This setting shows as a S/W or H/W on the screen.

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Liek clic0 said, give Dice Player a shot. I was MX, and found a few files which wouldn't play. Dice has handled everything I've thrown at it.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Does Dice Player work with the files? I've run into some files that MX Player won't work with but Dice can...

Otherwise, what codec is the video in? On your PC, you can use a program like MediaInfo (MediaInfo) to find out.

Yeah, I too uninstalled my MX player cause was a pain. Dice works helluva lot better.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

vite0150

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Today i found a fix for this problem on MX video... You just gotta select s/w decoder, it is in the top right corner (you probably will see a H/W button, tap there and then select S/W decoder) :)

moji_vb

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Today i found a fix for this problem on MX video... You just gotta select s/w decoder, it is in the top right corner (you probably will see a H/W button, tap there and then select S/W decoder) :)

I just registered an account in this site to thank you. You saved me a lot of time! My problem was "mx player" could play .avi files but it was not able to forward backward! I changed decoder from the icon you mentioned and now it is working fine!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya