My biggest gripe with this phone...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think iOS on a tablet, Mac OS X on my computers and Android on a phone may be the trifecta of awesomeness.
It's like having an incredibly nice condo with gorgeous decorating and the best phone. The only problem is that it's only 600sq ft. :p

Sent from my Nexus 4

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm in the minority but I still prefer to surf the internet on a laptop over a phone. There are some surfing tasks, like searching for a flight for example, or needing to have 6-7 tabs open, that just take too long on a small touch screen.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I do find myself reaching for my HTC One a lot more than other cell phones in the past even if my PC or laptop is nearby. Having said that I still use my PC much more at home because most of my gaming is still on the PC, I still strongly prefer PC gaming to mobile gaming. Because I'm on my PC for gaming I still do lots of browsing there as well, but if not gaming I usually do just use my phone as well.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
....is that my 1080p 40" tvs resolution now looks ****e, and my 8gb ram laptop now feels slow as hell. Spoilt.

Sent from my HTC One

You need better tech. ;) I mean, the screen is pretty and the phone is fast but my TV is so much better to look at and my laptop and desktop still do things much faster. "Mileage may vary" sure comes to play here. Super glad you are enjoying the phone though. I love it too.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just the document, audio and, video editing is why my PC isn't going anywhere soon.
I'm happy to be considered "behind the times" if it means I don't have to give up my desktop/laptops just because tablets exist. I'm fortunate enough to have all of the above and they all have their use cases.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to be considered "behind the times" if it means I don't have to give up my desktop/laptops just because tablets exist. I'm fortunate enough to have all of the above and they all have their use cases.
It all depends on what we need to do. I spend hours behind both phones and desktop. Both serve a purpose. But for some a phone may be all they need. I certainly would never think s tablet or phone could ever replace a desktop. Especially when work is involved.

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on what we need to do. I spend hours behind both phones and desktop. Both serve a purpose. But for some a phone may be all they need. I certainly would never think s tablet or phone could ever replace a desktop. Especially when work is involved.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Agreed. I can't let go of my laptop.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I can't let go of my laptop.
I'm so old school I never really adopted the laptop trend that started somewhere in the middle 90's, I love my desktop machines. I have a laptop, I take my wife's hand-me-downs, but they don't get much use. Real work gets done on my desktop and I use my iPad or One for mobile computing.

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My 2550x1440 27'' computer screen has ugly resolution compared with my One, altough my Windows 8 with 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, X64 Quad-Core 4.4 Ghz, it's faster then the One. Not on the same league...

You could try geekbench and see how the One is crushed. I also more keen on Desktops then laptops...

TylerLucas

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My 2550x1440 27'' computer screen has ugly resolution compared with my One, altough my Windows 8 with 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, X64 Quad-Core 4.4 Ghz, it's faster then the One. Not on the same league...

You could try geekbench and see how the One is crushed. I also more keen on Desktops then laptops...

I'm going to assume you meant 2560x1440. Regardless, both your monitor and phone have the same resolution of 16x9. So not sure what you mean by ugly resolution or if you meant ppi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80