My charging port is not working properly on my Samsung Galaxy S2

juicebox666

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to my Nexus S. It's a common problem and you can find a new port and easy YouTube tutorials all over the web.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ryenoblast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow. And I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. I realized this problem only recently as before I thought this isn't really a problem. However, it gets worse time to time. It doesn't charge properly and got my battery percentage from 56% the previous night to 11% the next day even though i plug in the charger tightly. I always charge my phone overnight. Can't really find out whats the problem... :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Mindy Gothia

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I see others are having charging port issues. This is my second phone - had to pay $100 :-$ that I don;t have to get this one and I am faced again with same issues. :mad:
Someone mentioned to change port? Were you able to find it on YOUTUBE?

- - - Updated - - -

Wiggling it does not work anymore

miss_AuR3liE

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Omg! I cant believe the problem is with the port. I ordered a new battery a few days ago hoping it would solve the problem. I have changed my charger 4 times since I got this phone. and same as you the battery lowers up til dying completely even though it is in charge overnight. this is frustrating!

galaxy61

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Very helpful video - but please note the phone in the video had no screws holding down the charging port, so don't try prising out the old board without first removing the screws (like I did)....

Doenyan

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my phone samsung galaxy s2 GT-i1900 has a problem in charging (anroid version 4.1.2) following is the problem occured with my phone
1. Charging not charging
2. After few days charging not charging occured frequently
3. I cleaned up the USB port and i can charge but major problem is
4. even if i charge whole night charging percentage never go up or sometimes it reaches very high percentage but drop suddenly down even phone is connected to USB charger..
5. changed charger several times but it same
6. even chaged battery but it same problem

Kostas Dellis

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
ok ppl so i will write my experience as i got the same problem.the problem started once i bought a non original charger from one of those indian shops here in london,and it messed up my phone it wasnt pluggin in properly windows were popping up for no reason and the battery started draining really quick.So i went and bought an original charger bought a new charging port and a new battery as well.I changed the charging port following the steps from the above video then connected the charger but it didnt recognise it at all its like it was never plugged in.After that i put the new battery in plugged in charger still same problem.What i did next was switch off the phone blow on the usb port and connect the charger while switched off and now the phone is charging.I see it went up one percent already in normal time which is good.If i disconnect the charger while phone open and put it back in it still wont recognise it though.Ill leave it to charge for a while now and ill let you know if the phone will work fine that way without shut down extremely fast like before.At least thats something.

NEVER BUY CHARGER FROM THESE KIND OF SHOPS LIKE ME AS WELL AS BATTERIES .THIS GUY WAS LIKE TAKE THIS BATTERY(SOME FAKE *** BATTERY ISHINE I THINK WAS CALLED) BUT DONT CHARGE IT MORE THAN 6 HOURS AND HERE IS MY CARD FOR REPAIRS.THEY RE SELLING YOU FAKE STUFF THAT DESTROY THE PHONE SO THEY GET JOB BY FIXING IT AFTERWARDS.

jscribs86

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a galaxy s2 sch, from us cellular. I have been experiencing some odd problems with my charging as well. For a while after cleaning the usb port. It seems to work fine. My most recent problem is having to tilt the phone something when charging (bent charge port?? It is very frustrating as i do very much love this phone. Does anyone have a good suggeation on a cheap way to fix this problem??

Posted via Android Central App

RK_usaf

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
That video is a joke... risking screwing up all the insides of your phone... to get the port out? (Assuming of course, that's the reason behind the issues with charging.)

sasprilla3

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
If you change the charging port does it wipe your phone of its memory, or is that still in tact because ive had the same problem with my phone, and it got worse when my charger snapped...

Laura Black25

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

If you are simply having charging issues and do no prefer the first method of taking apart your phone, try this solution, buy an external battery charger that plugs in your wall and charge the battery without having to use the charging port on the phone. I know its annoying to have to take the battery out everytime but if you buy the one on ebay and receive an extra battery you can have one always charged so you just have to swap them out! Link is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zNPaFrfmYQ

If link does not work type in youtube this heading ''Samsung Galaxy phone not charging or syncing easy solution'' and a man will show up with braces.

Hope this helps :)

sheltyj1

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the battery charger and an extra battery. alot cheaper. just remove battery and place it in the charger and the extra battery is so that while you are using one you can charge the other:)

Owen weeowey

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
no, this will only ever happen if you change the logic board, not the charger port. or wipe the phone and the sd card. extremely unlikely for the phone to et erased by changing the chargin port.

Owen weeowey

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a galaxy s2 sch, from us cellular. I have been experiencing some odd problems with my charging as well. For a while after cleaning the usb port. It seems to work fine. My most recent problem is having to tilt the phone something when charging (bent charge port?? It is very frustrating as i do very much love this phone. Does anyone have a good suggeation on a cheap way to fix this problem??

Posted via Android Central App
there are better phones out now, like google's first phone-- the moto g. it comes with a fresh install of android (with some preinstalled stuff) but it has no sd card, but it is a great phone for the cheap price, the phone has high-end stuff in it for a cheap price. my mum and dad own this phone and they love it. especially my mum, as it is really responsive, but let's hope this one doesn't get soggy!

Mannoj_tios

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? You prefer that as a wise idea? C'mon just think, if you are out on a travel and you find a someone's charger and you need it badly to charge but you can't.
May be I'm lazy to pluck out the back panel every day twice and carry the external charger along with me. Looks like I'm challenged to charge like anyothers. One time buy the first option Charging Port Flex Cable Ribbon costs less than 8 USD in ebay for SG2 and give it to any phone repair shop pay them 5 more bugs for their time to do this without breaking anyother devices. Job is done !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174