My charging port is not working properly on my Samsung Galaxy S2

pegman6

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my S2
I have two Galaxy S2 phones. One is for every day and the other is just a back up. I got it as a present and did not return it.

My daily one started showing battery charging issues:
It would take a long time to charge.
Battery percentage would go down despite having the charger plugged in.
Then overnight it would show fully charged. I unplug the charger and the percentage goes down drastically.

I tried the charger of my other phone (virtually brand new) and did not notice any difference.
Then I swapped the batteries: I put the back up phone's battery into the problem phone and with either of the chargers it did charge fully and without any drawbacks. What's interesting, the 'bad' battery was also charged fully and speedily on the back up phone with no issues.

I put back the old battery from the nicely charged new phone to the daily phone and after normal usage, I plugged the charger in and the same problem. It wont charge; it is very slow; and the percentage would go down instead of increasing. I repeated the same procedure as described above and it worked fine.

Questions arise:
If my problem battery is dead or dying, why would it charge fine on the new phone? Why would the new phone's battery charge fine on my old phone? But as soon as I try to charge the problem batter in the old phone, problems arise.
Swapping chargers did not make any negative difference.

I am concerned if it is a phone/hardware issue; battery issue or even the charger. I dismiss the charger being the issue.

Do I buy a new battery whilst it is charging fine on the new phone and the new phone's battery is charging fine on the old phone?

Appreciate some inputs, please.

Shane Woinson

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
hey my samsung galaxy s2 I9100P dosent charged and but when i mannage to turn it on it says conect your chrarger but its conected and the top left simbol for the battery it has the eletric bolt saying its chrgeing then 2 minnits latter dies can any one hel me

Sam 3

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you!! I tried the usual, restart and remove battery. I blew in the USB port as you directed and now it charging. Whew. I was already starting to consider what my next phone will be what provider I would choose. What a relief! ! Thank you, again. Sam

Vikram Meena

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
my phone samsung galaxy s2 GT-i1900 has a problem in charging (anroid version 4.1.2) following is the problem occured with my phone
1. Charging not charging
2. After few days charging not charging occured frequently
3. I cleaned up the USB port and i can charge but major problem is
4. even if i charge whole night charging percentage never go up or sometimes it reaches very high percentage but drop suddenly down even phone is connected to USB charger..
5. changed charger several times but it same
6. even chaged battery but it same problem

Mohammed Mutech

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Wow. And I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. I realized this problem only recently as before I thought this isn't really a problem. However, it gets worse time to time. It doesn't charge properly and got my battery percentage from 56% the previous night to 11% the next day even though i plug in the charger tightly. I always charge my phone overnight. Can't really find out whats the problem... :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Lainey M

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi had the same problem with my phone. Easy solution...buy an external battery charger from Amazon...range from around £4 up to £15. You charge the battery out of the phone then put in phone when fully charged. Saved me from getting a new phone, which I did not really want to do quite yet. Also if you have a 2nd battery like I do, you can be charging it whilst using your phone with your other battery.

Just type into Amazon external charger for galaxy s2 battery. Some charge the battery using USB port but you can get some that have this as well as a mains plug.

Hope this helps!