My GEAR S is great but why does it lack a few basic functions?

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
GEAR S is great BUT..... LACKS A FEW BASIC FUNCTIONS WHY!!!!!

ok i love this watch and i know it suppose to be a watch an extension of out phone but i have 2 issues that should have beena no brainer for samsung.

1. NO CALENDAR!!!!!! no calendar built in, only a scheudle which allows you to see day by day not the whole month to check a date. this is a common sense app that shoul dhave been on here. I dont want to buy one in the app store for $199 and the couple free ones are a crap brown color and look horrible.

2. CANNOT SET A TASK USING S VOICE!!!!! i set reminders often from my phone and thought it was a no brainer to do on this watch but i guess not. I hit S Voice and say , "remind me at 830 to call someone, or pay a bill, or take my medicine." it replies back "adding tasks is not supported"

3. Lastly, I know this one ahs been mentioned a lot and hopefulyl SAmsung will release a software update to fix this. we have to remeber this is so new, and like with android wear, they will update and fix thigns as it gets older.

BUT..... why do i not see my watch face when i turn my wrist? if it is one of the preloaded analog faces on the watch it will should that face, but if it is a digital one or a custom watch face, a turn of the wrist only shows the time on a balck and white background. why do i want to look at that. by the time i touch my screen i am goign into using the watch for something else and will not be seeing my custom face. whatever the face is we should be able to see it when we turn our wrist, make the digital and option. even when i turn the watch face always on it still shows the digital time when i look at it. so dumb and frustrating.
why these seems like very basic simple things and this wonderful smartwatch is dumb in these to very basic areas.

if i am missing something please let me know. otherwise this is the best watch out there. absolutely love it.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: GEAR S is great BUT..... LACKS A FEW BASIC FUNCTIONS WHY!!!!!

There is not a plus sign on the keyboard either. But put the wakeup gesture to the last screen and that will help the whole clock face thing.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Are the all caps and exclamation marks necessary as well as posting the same thing in more than one thread?

The watch face has been answered in several post. Please research. And if the native schedule (there is no actual calendar) is not suffice there are alternative 3rd party apps. It's not that serious.

Posted via the Android Central App

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

i had joined the kickstarted but after seeing all the problems they had and they still dont have the units send to backers but they were able to send them to resellers first, Im glad I backed out and with with the gear s.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Are the all caps and exclamation marks necessary as well as posting the same thing in more than one thread?

The watch face has been answered in several post. Please research. And if the native schedule (there is no actual calendar) is not suffice there are alternative 3rd party apps. It's not that serious.

yes the caps are necessary because to me for a $399 smartwatch, basic things like a calendar adn being able to set reminders through s voice should be a given. dont get me wrong, i love this watch. i am very happy it is the best out there by large margins. but to me these are common sense basic items especially the calendar and as i said i now there are a few free basic calendar aps but they suck and i ma not paying for a decent one when it should be on here.

lastly i did look for the smartwatch face issue but got impatient so i can ask where and when i want to i get help. some threads have way to many pages to scroll through. surely i am not the only one to ask this so please go bit$h at others if it bothers you. i asked for help not a repremand. but thanks for your uneeded 2 cents.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

First off I'm not b!tching. Second I have been one of the most helpful person since receiving this device. If you didn't come off so brazen and even arrogant the response would had be better. If you don't like what I said, that's your entitlement. But coming here with your chest puffed up is not gonna come off well. So before you think I'm b!tching maybe you look at yourself in the mirror first. Good day and good luck.

mlctulsa

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Valid points, but minor issues when you consider everything this watch will do. You can download an excellent calendar app for $1.99 and you can leave as many S-voice recorded reminders as you want very conveniently. In my opinion, this is the best watch out there right now. And, the 3G, Wifi, GPS is a nice option to have. But, it's a watch to support your smartphone - not a smartphone.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

exactly, its to support our phone not a smartphone itself. but for how smart it is and considering android wear had a simple calendar, i thought this should have a default calendar. i sue one a lot and not having to go to my phone to look up dates would be easier. i know i can downlaod one but i shouldnt have to pay for a simple app to see future days i have task sched instead of going day by day. thansk for the info though.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

First off I'm not b!tching. Second I have been one of the most helpful person since receiving this device. If you didn't come off so brazen and even arrogant the response would had be better. If you don't like what I said, that's your entitlement. But coming here with your chest puffed up is not gonna come off well. So before you think I'm b!tching maybe you look at yourself in the mirror first. Good day and good luck.

arent you the hypocrite. haha. raed what and how you just typed adn think.

I help as well and post. i just didn't think you telling me what i can or cannot type was proper for it was my thread. and your opinion was not helpful for the most part for ti was berating. other thank you and you need not comment here anymore. Thanks.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not here to bump chest with you buddy. To each their own

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

What is the name of the CAL app?

Valid points, but minor issues when you consider everything this watch will do. You can download an excellent calendar app for $1.99 and you can leave as many S-voice recorded reminders as you want very conveniently. In my opinion, this is the best watch out there right now. And, the 3G, Wifi, GPS is a nice option to have. But, it's a watch to support your smartphone - not a smartphone.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Regarding setting a task or event with SVoice, I am not too worried, it is on my Gear 2. I suspect an update will do.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

it hnk so too but it should have already been there. seems lke a basic function. but there will be many updates down the road and us Gear S owners are apart of an evolving new type of tech.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Not even Android Wear has a calendar app. That's what phones are for. At least Gear provides an event schedule to view stuff for the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder