My HTC ONE dead?

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm at work and went to check phone and it was dead,no power.But, when you push on power button the 2 keys on bottom of phone light up for a moment. I pluggedthe phone in and get no notifacation light telling me it's plugged in.I also plugged another phone into it ,just to check if charger is working and it is.

So, what could have happened? I know battery was slightly low 39%,but no excuse to just be dead.Any ideas?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm at work and went to check phone and it was dead,no power.But, when you push on power button the 2 keys on bottom of phone light up for a moment. I pluggedthe phone in and get no notifacation light telling me it's plugged in.I also plugged another phone into it ,just to check if charger is working and it is.

So, what could have happened? I know battery was slightly low 39%,but no excuse to just be dead.Any ideas?

Thanks

That is a different one. Can you reboot into recovery and still see a screen?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How would one do that?

I'm a verizon phone and stock,if that matters

That much I don't know, sorry. But if you can't see a screen in recovery, then the screen is damaged in some way (probably is anyway), and you would have to contact HTC or your insurance carrier.

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Found this issue on another site and it did work.Seems wierd.

"So i just recently had the exact same problem this morning, i forgot to charge it ver night, plugged it in, in the morning, and the thing charged up, it turned on and then when i went to move it to my laptop to charge, it died on the way and then wouldnt turn on or even show a light when i plugged it in. the weird this was that my laptop would make a noise comfirming that it was detecting something but it still wouldnt show up.

What worked for me was to just hold the button like your trying to turn it off, while still plugged intpo mylaptop i could hear it disconnect, and after that the light came on the phone and is now currently working!! HOPE THIS HELPS!"