My HTC One Honeymoon is over. How has your's been?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I have to chuckle inside when reading some of these comments. Seems that most of you share the same level of satisfaction with the HTC One. The wording of this statement may seem sarcastic, but I feel HTC made this device as if though their life depended on it. That's how much effort I feel was devoted to every aspect of the HTC One.

A side note: When picking up this phone just to hold it, I somehow made an association to plastic surgeons that fondle silicone/saline implants the entire time as they are giving a 5-minute overview.
Lol. I think you are right and have made a great observation. The phone feels incredible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think my honeymoon is just beginning. I think I love the phone more and more the longer I have it. It was great from the beginning, but the more time I use it, the better it gets. Love the display. My battery life has been excellent. And it's so fast and responsive. My only initial concern was the responsiveness of the capacitive buttons. Removed my screen protector and now going naked. It solved the problem and I couldn't be happier.

Posted via Android Central App

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Loving the blink feed thought i wouldn't use it but use it all the time. Verizon should be getting the One may 22nd is the rumor that's out there

AceRockolla

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Coming from ios there are some learning curves but overall I'm loving it.

Anyone know of a way to scroll to the top of a page like in ios? In ios you would just tap the top status bar. Is there an equivalent to that in android? Or an app that would give that functionality? One of the only things I miss from ios.

Rob Walker 3rd

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had the one upon release. It is I believe the best phone I have ever purchased. I've been an iPhone guy the majority of my cell phone life and other than a little learning curve this phone is epic.

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I pre ordered mine.. I absolutely love it! Only problem is the lack of menu button.. I hate the black Bar :/ and I'm not willing to root my phone (can't figure out how lol) to change it either!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Short version? Love it. Just sold my Nexus 4 on ebay for $300. N4 was (is) a great phone, but I couldn't go back to it after two weeks with the One. One is overall such a better device (my opinion of course).

Marty Puckett

May 7, 2013
Visit site
+1 on everything you said. This is my first android after using iPhones for the last 5 years. (3g, 4, and 5. I skipped all the S versions.) After reading all the reviews of the One and the SGS4 I went with the One for the build quality and built in memory rather than fooling with an sd slot. Boy am I glad I did. Haven't gotten up to trying to change things up with a launcher or custom icons yet, but like having the ability to do so if I want to. All in all I think the One and I are gonna be good buddies for quite some time.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming from ios there are some learning curves but overall I'm loving it.

Anyone know of a way to scroll to the top of a page like in ios? In ios you would just tap the top status bar. Is there an equivalent to that in android? Or an app that would give that functionality? One of the only things I miss from ios.

Android scrolls much faster that ios. By that I mean if you swipe up it will zoom up to the top.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Loving the blink feed thought i wouldn't use it but use it all the time. Verizon should be getting the One may 22nd is the rumor that's out there

i wouldn't count on that date as some sort of release date. They'd be taking preorders right now if the release date was that close. But we could perhaps hear an announcement of something new on or around that date. I'm thinking maybe a June sell date though. Will be interesting to see if it's actually called a One, or a Droid DNA something.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't count on that date as some sort of release date. They'd be taking preorders right now if the release date was that close. But we could perhaps hear an announcement of something new on or around that date. I'm thinking maybe a June sell date though. Will be interesting to see if it's actually called a One, or a Droid DNA something.
I don't think HTC will let it be called anything other than the One. They are very focused on keeping the name consistent. This has watered down their marketing so much in the past. If they did go with a different name it would be a major fail IMO.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
No quickcharge option killed it for me. Such a nice phone too. Such a shame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It bothers me a bit too. I am not one to cry about removable batteries. But to have a phone that charges as slow as mollasus and not having the option to swap batteries really sucks in a pinch.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I am sure I would agree with you if only the Official HTC Store would delivery the phone to me! Been a week and a half now and I am still waiting with no idea when I will get it because communicating with customers doesn't seem to be within anyones job description. If I didn't want this phone so much I would have gone with the S4 just because of this

TexanSaint

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
To scroll back to the top of blink feed, tap on the notification bar. My aim must be a bit wonky because sometimes it works and sometimes it just opens the top story.

I love this phone. I just feel bad for those that bought the earlier variations of the one. ZOE is incredible and as the others stated, Blink Feed has turned out to be very useful and timesaving for me. I get news from all of my preferred sources as well as twitter in a very digestible way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djglover7