My note 9 changed when it was recently updated.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, got all that figured out. I just force stop accessibility and it stays away.

I was trying to figure out your earlier post stating an easier way. I have the notification off, but didn't understand the one touch you referred to. I think I am good now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, got all that figured out. I just force stop accessibility and it stays away.

I was trying to figure out your earlier post stating an easier way. I have the notification off, but didn't understand the one touch you referred to. I think I am good now.
Ok cool in accessibility first page where 3 Dots upper bright corner can choose hide in notification tray so don't show also

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for being dopey but this thread goes on and on and I cannot follow exactly how to turn on on touch answer and never see floating menu even after restart (I shut off my phone every night)

I am using unlocked snapdragon version in VZW. Just want to tap to answer rather than drag to answer.

Is it possible to get a step by step? In all the mentions of 3 dots I don't see any screenshot of the 3 dots and I don't know how many embeds deep you are in accessibility menu to see it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry for being dopey but this thread goes on and on and I cannot follow exactly how to turn on on touch answer and never see floating menu even after restart (I shut off my phone every night)

I am using unlocked snapdragon version in VZW. Just want to tap to answer rather than drag to answer.

Is it possible to get a step by step? In all the mentions of 3 dots I don't see any screenshot of the 3 dots and I don't know how many embeds deep you are in accessibility menu to see it?
In accessibility >interaction and dexterity tap>turn toggle on for assistant menu and also tap assistant menu to get sub menu to toggle one tap swipe , go back to very beginning of accessibility page 3 dots upper right corner turn off for it not to display in notifications panel , then you have a floating accessibility menu >hold it and drag to the top until X icon appear to get rid of it others wise it will float around.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But that means the floating menu comes back every morning when I turn on my phone right? (I turn off power every night)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But that means the floating menu comes back every morning when I turn on my phone right? (I turn off power every night)
Yes probably will , but other member Connert few post up says you can turn that off if you look what he posted .

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Force stopping and freezing accessibility doesn't sound like a wise option to me. I thought your method didn't require it. Thanks again.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried all of the above, eventually the floating menu returns every time. Tried to live with the floating menu, set the transparency to "high" and put it somewhere out of the way but it still gets in the way.

Ok thanks. Force stopping and freezing accessibility doesn't sound like a wise option to me. I thought your method didn't require it. Thanks again.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm very disappointed in the change but have been using the "up volume to answer call" option for a week or so now and it is not a bad workaround. Screenshot_20190628-202457_Phone.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha