My phone doesn't charge fast even when switched off after a short circuit occured on the cable

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use a Umidigi smartphone which uses a type c cable. The cable that came with it was working fast. It charges from 0% to 100% in 2 hours. But all of a sudden, there was a cut on the cable and the wires touched(I think the term is short-circuited), and I had to discard the cable.

But ever since then, my phone charge really slow. Even when I switch it off, it takes like 10 hours for it to become full from 0%. I tried over three tested quality cables but it's still the same thing. My charger adapter is not the problem as I used it on other people's phone and it was charging the phones well.

Moreso, the cords no longer transfer files from computer to my phone anymore. The battery is inbuilt and I can't even open the phone's casing. I don't know what to do again. Pls help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying that it still takes 3 hours to charge at your neighbors while it takes 10 hours to charge at home, or are you saying that in the past it would take 3 hours to charge at your neighbors, but now it takes 10 hours over there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d