My phone freezes when doing some things

Simonna

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have experienced some problems with freeze (ok I was created a topic that Titanium Backup frozen my phone but I've uninstalled it and I've experienced it anyway)
Ok, if on topic, one time I just tried to set up live wallpaper on my desktop (I use nova launcher prime) and my phone just frozen up (screen became black and just had to pull out/in battery to make it work again) the same was happened for me today when I just tried to launch "Dock clock plus (night clock) and Google showed me a message "license error or something liek that, and my phone just frozen after that again)

I use Greenify and DisableServices app, but it doesn't look like that "Disableservices" app could cause freezes or Greenify.So maybe I have to do factory reset or something like that? Where can the problem be?
And I don't use any custom ROMS

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually, those apps probably ARE your problem. Delete them and see. Android manages apps and processes in the background just fine. If those apps kill something that Android is expecting to be running, it's going to cause problems. I'm pretty sure if you get rid of those apps you'll also get rid of your freezing problems. If not, let us know, and we'll investigate further.

In general, Task managers of any type don't play well with Android versions above 2.x, and are completely unnecessary.

Simonna

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What apps do you mean? Greenify and "Disableservices"? But some apps which are runnning in background annoys me very much (like email Google play store services like ContentSyncService,BillingAccountService or Video Player's "Transcodeservice" maybe you're right but email serives and video player services are absolutely necessary for me, they just waste RAM to me and I don't have any ideas how to disable them without that app. But I will try enable all Google play Store services then, and it's will be seen if it was exactly that app.

And by the way Greenify can affect my device too?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, Disableservices and Greenify. What annoys you more? Having apps in the background or a phone that crashes all the time?

Android is a multi-tasking OS. It's designed to have apps in the background. The only "wasted" RAM is empty RAM. Your running apps will use only as much memory as they need. Have a bunch of "extra" RAM won't make them use more or run faster. "Empty" RAM doesn't save battery; every bit of every byte of RAM in the phone is constantly refreshed whether it's "used" or not. Here's how Android works: When you switch away from an app, that app will continue to run in the background only if it's actually doing something. For example, if you start downloaded a large web page, or a video, and then switch away, the download will continue to run. When the download is done, the program will remain in memory in an inactive state. Apps that don't need to do background processing, like BillingAccountService, just sit there, using no CPU and no battery until called upon by the system, or by you, to do something.

Why does Android keep them in memory? Because it's likely that if you recently used an app or a service, you will use it again soon. If it's in memory, the OS can simply request it to redraw it's screen. If you've killed it, the OS needs to copy from storage (ROM) back into RAM, start it up, wait for it to allocate any resources it needs, and then redraw the screen. That takes longer, and uses more battery than if you had just let it run. If you start a new app that needs the memory an inactive app is using, Android flags that app as no longer resident, and allocates the memory to the new app.

The other thing to understand is that most apps in memory aren't really "running." They're in an inactive state, using no cpu, and no battery.

The problem with task killers is twofold: Android doesn't know what they do, so it will assume an app is still in RAM when it may not be; and they tend to kill processes that Android needs to run. Google spent thousands of man hours making Android manage memory and applications effectively and efficiently. No guy coding in his basement and giving his app away for free, or charging a couple of bucks for it, is likely to do better than Google. ,

Could greenify cause this. I haven't used it, but I think it depends on how aggressively it's set, and what apps and processes it's "hibernating."

But really, these apps simply are not necessary. Let Android do what it was designed to do. Your phone, and you, will be a lot happier.

Varun Sharma8

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends,

I have Samsung Galaxy Core my phone get freeze when i like to see photos in gallery in camera, I haven't so many photos.

Please suggest me what is problem is going there.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forums!
my phone get freeze when i like to see photos in gallery in camera
Does this only happen when you're trying to view your camera pictures from within the Camera app, or does it also happen if you just open the Gallery app straightaway?

Are your pictures being stored on an SD card or the internal memory?

It's possible that one of the pictures is corrupted - you could connect your phone to a computer and copy them all off, then delete them from the phone and see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

thom5680

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have experienced some problems with freeze (ok I was created a topic that Titanium Backup frozen my phone but I've uninstalled it and I've experienced it anyway)
Ok, if on topic, one time I just tried to set up live wallpaper on my desktop (I use nova launcher prime) and my phone just frozen up (screen became black and just had to pull out/in battery to make it work again) the same was happened for me today when I just tried to launch "Dock clock plus (night clock) and Google showed me a message "license error or something liek that, and my phone just frozen after that again)

I use Greenify and DisableServices app, but it doesn't look like that "Disableservices" app could cause freezes or Greenify.So maybe I have to do factory reset or something like that? Where can the problem be?
And I don't use any custom ROMS

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo