My phone is stuck on booting (Elephone P9000 - Android 6.0)

Jeunez

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I have a pretty complicated issue with my Android device. When starting it up it's stuck at the boot logo. Untill today I was also unable to get into the recovery settings of the device, because the manufacturer ****ed up big time with the current version on my device, however I fixed that part today by using this tutorial: https://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12926#.W_aYZOhKiUk , overwriting everything but the userdata.

I'm trying to get the device to work without wiping all data.
I'm running on an Elephone P9000 with update 20160810. (Android 6.0.x Marshmallow)

Now when getting in recoverymode, I get listed quite some options which I will place here:

* Reboot system now
* Reboot to bootloader
* Apply update from ADB
* Apply update from SD card
* Wipe data/factory reset
* Wipe cache partition
* Backup user data
* Restore user data (you need an SD card for this, will do this as soon as I get my hands on one)
* Root integrity check (scans some file, turned out to be OK)
* Mount /system
* View recovery logs
* Power off

I have USB debugging enabled because I used AndroidStudio in the past but can't really use adb as the device becomes unauthorized, if I can do something with this, hit me up.

Now the thing I noticed is, when selecting "Reboot to bootloader", it shows some kind of terminal where lines are supposed to show up, however it's stuck at the very first line, which is :

"=> FASTBOOT mode..."

I guess this must mean I had fastboot mode enabled and it somehow broke. Is there any way to disable this without being able to actually boot the phone?

Also I should probably mention how it broke, I was updating an application (a popular game from the appstore) and a bit after completion (I'm not even sure if it's related to me updating that app) a lot of apps started crashing, afterwards my phone just got straight into booting without shutting down first, and that's when it was stuck booting for the first time.

I already opened the phone and disconnected and reconnected the battery, but that changed nothing (this was before I followed the recoverymode-recovery guide today)

If nothing works I would backup the userdata (an option in recoverymode), which should work, and perform a factory reset. HOWEVER: I have alot of twostep-authenticators and stuff like that and I'm not sure how to make sure that I won't lose the ability to use those. Does anyone have experience in this?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Is there any way you can flash the original stock ROM? Perhaps that way, you can start fresh, in order to at least boot to your device and maybe figure out what went wrong?

Jeunez

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
I flashed the original ROM by using the guide i mentioned (which made me able to enter the recovery mode), everything except the userdata has been flashed. I don't want to flash the userdata untill I can backup it in some way..

I just tried backing up the userdata with a micro SD card (DSXC, my phone its specification says it should be supported), but it says Error: No SD-Card. So I'm not sure if I can backup the data another way?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try this link to install TWRP in the phone. Then do a data backup. Then you can flash whatever you like and as long as you flash TWRP back, you can restore the backup.

These are the download links for TWRP itself.