My phone welded the charger :- /

dennador

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have had my skyrocket for about two years now, and the charger had been becoming more and more finicky, and harder to charge. Last night I plugged it in, and the charger got very hot, and the phone turned off. When I pulled the charger out and tried turning on the phone (previously at 60% batter life) the battery was at 0% and it shut off again immediately. Since then I have not been able to charge it at all, and it is dead. Does anybody know how/what to do next?
Is this something I can fix myself? I have taken laptops apart, but never a smartphone. Very upsetting since I really love this phone. (It's my first smartphone)

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Time for a new battery or phone. I think your battery is fried or shorted.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AC Forums mobile app

dennador

May 7, 2014
Visit site
that would suck majorly, I only bought this battery a week ago. It's a Samsung battery too, not an aftermarket made in china imitation battery.

dennador

May 7, 2014
Visit site
new info: after a minute of leaving the chargers in, they become hot, and the charging port starts to smell a little of burning wire. the phone still turns on, but turns off again due to being so low on charge. Is there a way to just replace the charging port? can I do it, or is it something I should let a professional do?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've read around the forums that some people have done that on their own. Maybe check YouTube to see what it entails.

I would also stop trying to charge it until you have the problem fixed.

Sent from my Note 3 in Hyperdrive

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am highly inclined to agree with VDub. The phone is now a safety hazard. It may be the battery. You can try a new one. Replacing the charging port may be possible. The question is how easily you can get one, and how difficult it is to change it.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe