My phone won't play music via Bluetooth through my car stereo, how can I get this working?

A

AC Question

My phone won't play music via Bluetooth through my car stereo

I own a Samsung Galaxy s7 and a hyundai i30 2015 model. My phone pairs with the cars stereo and has no dramas receiving and making calls. However, I can't Bluetooth stream music. The artist information etc is displayed on the screen but no volume comes through. Ipod connectivity works perfectly with sound. Please help. Very frustrating

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: My phone won't play music via Bluetooth through my car stereo

Obviously your car's system supports bluetooth audio and not just phone calls based on your post. Is there a way to try playing the music via a 3.5mm jack to see if the radio will play the music? When you paired it, did it ask on your phone to pair for calls only or for audio and calls?
My aftermarket system sometimes only sees it for calls. I have to unpair and repair the device.

jayman350

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
check the car's bt pairing menu. I had a similar issue with my '15 GTI where the phone pairs fine for calls, but I had to enable the music streaming option.

gilbster

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
My car allows me to make calls but it will not allow me to stream music which pisses me off to no end. This is just how the stereo is made and there is no way to change it unless you buy an other stereo unit.

My solution: I bought a Bluetooth gadget that plugs into my AUX plug which is that small 3.5mm hole in the front of your car stereo for those of you who do not know.

Now I can play my music from my phone and make calls hands free. Best few dollars i have spent in a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anissa Taylor

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
I just bought the S7. Had same issue... this is what I tried.. it allowed the media button to stay on.. according to YouTube for my infiniti. If your phone is paired already to your car, in your dashboard screen if your car hit settings, bluetooth, connected phones. At this same time I opened the bluetooth on my phone and found my car and opened the setting to my car that paired to the phone.. so now on your car dashboard select your phone and hit connect. I saw something saying download on my dashboard. Then I slide the media button over and finally it stayed... I checked my car bluetooth button and opened my sound cloud and my music played thru the car..... I hope this helps you and anyone else... it drove my crazy.

2Infini65

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I've had my S8 for only 3 weeks and noticed, immediately, that media audio via bluetooth wouldn't play through my car speakers -- although the call audio did.

I contacted Samsung support on their FB page and, after a brief chat session, they were able to walk me throught the steps to fix the problem. I can now play media and call audio through my car speakers. Here is what I did and, hopefully, it will work for some/all of you, as well.

1. Clear the bluetooth cache and data files - There are some great You Tube videos to show you how to do this.
2. Unpair your car from your S8
3. Pair the car to the S8 again

I was so happy this worked! Otherwise, Samsung's other instruction was to take my Nissan Maxima to the dealership to have my stereo software update -- something I thought would be totally unnecessary, and probably costly.

I am back to loving my S8! Good luck!!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel