My pictures keep flipping after self image is captured.

Daisy Tapley

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, lets go back to 1st grade. :) Ive read some threads and some answers are not relevant to a "flipped" image. Flipped is different than a rotated image. Here's my problem...when I look in the mirror, my bangs are on the left side..when im sitting down, standing up, or whatever im doing, my bangs are pointed down to my left side. When I take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy S2; Service provider - Alltel, it FLIPS my pictures after the image is captured. It does this with camera, and instagram. On snapchat, it takes the image AS IS..just how the camera is looking at me..it does not flip my self portrait. How can I STOP this from happening. I had a Razr Maxx, and it did not do this. When I take a picture of my self I want the finished image to look just as it did when I was focusing for the shot!?! What can I do to stop this? Thanks!! :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, lets go back to 1st grade. :) Ive read some threads and some answers are not relevant to a "flipped" image. Flipped is different than a rotated image. Here's my problem...when I look in the mirror, my bangs are on the left side..when im sitting down, standing up, or whatever im doing, my bangs are pointed down to my left side. When I take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy S2; Service provider - Alltel, it FLIPS my pictures after the image is captured. It does this with camera, and instagram. On snapchat, it takes the image AS IS..just how the camera is looking at me..it does not flip my self portrait. How can I STOP this from happening. I had a Razr Maxx, and it did not do this. When I take a picture of my self I want the finished image to look just as it did when I was focusing for the shot!?! What can I do to stop this? Thanks!! :)

Welcome to the forums!
I can't remember, but aren't there editing image settings in the gallery? Have you tried that?

Daisy Tapley

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did find in the edit photo option that the rotate icon also entails a flip option!!! Yay!!! Still aggravating to do all that, but yay! I thought the rotate icon was only for rotate, but if you click it, it does indeed include a flip! As for instagram, there is an option in the settings that you can "use advanced instagram camera", if you click that, the camera will not flip your photos. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I did find in the edit photo option that the rotate icon also entails a flip option!!! Yay!!! Still aggravating to do all that, but yay! I thought the rotate icon was only for rotate, but if you click it, it does indeed include a flip! As for instagram, there is an option in the settings that you can "use advanced instagram camera", if you click that, the camera will not flip your photos. :)

Cool. Glad you got an answer and posted the solution.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Bob Payne

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I have one question for you. If you take a picture with writing somewhere in it, is the writing flipped, too? That is the true test to see if the image is flipped or not. I found an app at the Google Play Store called Image Flip that was able to turn a mirrored image of myself in front of a replica of the TARDIS from Doctor Who, and now the words aren't backwards any more.