My S5 gyro test failed, is there anything I can do to repair this?

lazraq1

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
hi guys I encountered the same problem to find that the problem is the case, if your case has even a small amount of metal then all the sensors will have problems. try purchase a plastic case or let your phone without case and wait about 1 or 2 weeks and the sensors problem will disappear. that's my experience with my device. I hope it will help

qtermile14

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone with a gyro problem added wireless charging to their S5? I didn't realize this problem started after adding the S-view cover with wireless charging built in. I found this out after switching to my standard back cover without wireless charging to take pictures easier. The built in wireless charging has a plate inside that does not exist with a standard back cover. So it makes sense with this plate that the wireless charging add-on could cause a gyro problem.

Alex4265

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue. Tried everything except a factory reset. Restarting my phone only works for a short time but I noticed that it was working ok until I wanted to use google maps. This might of just been coincidence though. My best guess really is that the phone is overheating or has overheated at some point and affected the sensor. I've had this phone a while now so maybe it's just wear and tear off the hardware and it's time I upgraded.

juicybeans

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I came here just to reply to the above comment about Google Maps. I noticed a couple days ago that my phone suddenly won't rotate orientation in my camera app. I also noticed that my custom "MyMaps" on Google Maps app on my phone stopped showing up. It'll show up again if I clear my Google Maps cache and data but moments later it'll disappear again. The camera will start working properly if I restart my phone but as soon as I open Google Maps it stops. The entire function of the gyro in the phone completely stops working as soon as I open Google Maps. I'm pretty sure there was an update a few days ago because this started happening out of nowhere.

EDIT: I'm using a Note 5 btw.

Yendor1966

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I have had this problem for a while too. I tried everything posted here with no luck. I Uninstaller google maps updates and no luck. I then remembered I have a spare Sim card under the battery cover so I took that out and also removed the battery and held the power button for 20 seconds. Put it all back together and now it works! I don't know if I should have power cycled after the Google maps thing, or if taking out the extra Sim card did the trick or what. For what it's worth this is what I did and it works.

kleberson silva

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Good night people
I want to take advantage of the topic to report the same problem that the comrade had over there
Handset: galaxy s5 g900m
Rom: mashmalow
Date 2017-01-25

In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but before sending for assistance, I can see that with some moves the accelerometer and the gyroscope come back to work for a few moments. First thing was to give hard reset, I realized that the accelerometer and the gyroscope worked, but the moment the screen goes into standby it stops working.
The second attitude was to lock the phone in safety mode, the accelerometer and the gyroscope worked, but the first standby it stops working ..
Third was to pass roms stock, customized CM MIUI, same situation occurred the accelerometer and the gyroscope worked, but the first standby it stops working.
I gave a few beats on the back of the phone, the same thing happened after restarting.
I deleted folder data / etc / sensor, the same thing happened but the first standby it stops working.
****But today I did something that made me sure that the problem is softwere, with the rooted stock rom I installed a custom kernel, phonix kernel, then the accelerometer and the gyroscope worked perfectly, it worked even after returning from the standby, for about 3hr The cell worked very well, but upon receiving a connection the accelerometer and the gyroscope stopped working and when using test sensors dialing * # 0 * # fixed values ​​where it says accelerometer and the gyroscope
Now I stopped messing with my cell phone.
I hope this information can help our team find a solution.
I downgraded to 5.0, and it did not solve...
This connection problem after the updates ...

espero ajudar em alguma coisa

djollie111

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a vzw note 5 and I firmly believe it is related to google maps/nav. I have factory reset and avoided using google maps for a couple weeks and no problems. Today, after my first use, all sensors gyro, compass, proximity, light, accel not reading anything, and i have no rotation or auto brightness. A reboot typically fixes it but it HAS to be a software issue.

Boggins

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: s5 gyro test fail

No need for Safe Mode, whacking your phone etc. Swipe the pull-down menu and press on Screen Rotation. Chances are it's switched off.

mtAnd189T43

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Alas, my gyroscope issue isn't simply the screen rotation setting being switched off --it's apparently a spontaneous hardware failure. I tested via the phone code *#0*# diagnostic and got the attached failures. Otherwise the phone works fine. I went through the whole "safe mode" and factory resets exercise to no avail.

For those wanting to get it fixed, the only way I've found is to set up a return through Samsung. They quoted $70.31 for the initial shipment and work, but indicated that may not be the final repair cost. So I didn't bother. They also partner with a company called "UBreakIFix," but their reps tell me all they do is recommend sending it directly to Samsung for motherboard issues.

Screenshot_2017-12-07-13-48-02.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2017-12-07-13-48-18.jpg

crossdavidl

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
What the actual hell.

I was having this issue on my Galaxy S5 as well. You can dial *#0*# into the dialer app to open a sensor and display diagnostics app. One of the buttons, Sensor, will show you the Accelerometer sensor readings. The coordinates under the Accelerometer sensor section were unresponsive. I went in and did like Ivan and disabled the Flipboard app, then went back to the *#0*# app in the dialer. For a bit, the coordinates became responsive again, steps were being counted by S Health, but checking a few minutes later, it's having issues again.

On second look, the menu that shows after pressing the Sensor button has another button, Gyro Selftest, and pressing that shows Result Fail.

TJ Mosser

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: s5 gyro test fail

Fyi I just got that problem. Gyro test failed and no rotation. No reason for it....
Booted into safe mode, still no joy. Gave it a good crack up the back, still no joy.
Disabled safe mode and it's working again. Gyro test passed and rotation back on.

Figures. I don't recommend beating your phone up but safe mode booting might have reset it

I had exactly this issue, and did precisely this - safe mode with no change, then disabled safe mode - then the exact same results, everything working....

Thanks for posting!!

TJ Mosser

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I had exactly this issue, and did precisely this - safe mode with no change, then disabled safe mode - then the exact same results, everything working....

Thanks for posting!!

UPDATE: I got excited too fast; now, after making my elated post, I've tried it again, and back to the same problem....ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno