My Samsung Galaxy S5 turned off and won't turn on again. Why?

Tiffany L

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Wait... I held the power button and home button for 45 seconds, and then clicked the volume up button. Am I meant to be still pressing down the power and home button, when I click the volume button, or not? PLEASE HELP

Leah Jane Aniasco

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
i had the exact same problem. Try holding down the power key, home button, and volume down for 30-45 seconds. This is what you do when you want to download a custom os. After that, use the volume rocker to go down to "cancel (restart phone). This is what i did and it worked fine after that. Good luck!

oh my god! 100% effective!!! Thank you very very much!!!

Delta Wiskey

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site

Mine does the same as mentioned above. The fix that has fixed everyone else's phone does not fix mine. It will not respond to anything. I have done all the button pressing combos for a solid minute and nothing. My phone was not hot when this happened so I know it did not over heat. I turn off my phone and remove the battery on a fairly regular basis to clear ram and volatile memory to speed up the phone. But this time I was getting ready for bed, finished looking at facebook and plugged in the phone. 5 min later I looked and it was black screen with no response to anything. I really could use some help on troubleshooting. I can't afford another phone. Please anyone help. I will try anything.

poolday

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you RJShelton64!! You are magic, yes magic itself!. I completely forgot about this kind of boot the phone has and was about to lose 2 hours of my life (and probably my phone too) by manually trying to remove the battery but your hint did the trick. It works perfectly fine now thanks again!

Yasir Rauf

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Dear fellows
please help me out I have a Samsung s5 Verizon g900v..my cell stopped working suddenly and screen goes black..it doesn't star I replaced the battery and put other but it doesn't give me any thing I tried the some one told in this conversation, I pressed down power button then home screen and volume down for long but nothing happened ...what I have to do please respond to my this query

regards

AcesRWild81

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Try holding down the power key, home button, and volume down for 30-45 seconds. This is what you do when you want to download a custom OS. After that, use the volume rocker to go down to "Cancel (restart phone). This is what I did and it worked fine after that. Good luck!

You my friend are a lifesaver. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d