Need a simple calendar app with 5th xday repeat/recur

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want a calendar that lets me schedule 5th xday events separately from 4th xday and last xday. I found a group-calendar, FamCal, that has that function, but the interface is too complex for a single user.

Can anyone recommend a calendar app with distinct 5th xday capability?

---------------------------------------------
If you are thinking "WTF, why does this matter" look at a perpetual calendar or do some arithmetic. Months have from 28 to 31 days, so every year has at least 11 months (12 in 2020) with days that are the 5th xday. On average, 29.25 days a year are 5th xdays; that's a month's worth of days that need to be available for accurate recurring events. Much of the time a 4th xday is the last xday, but regularly the 5th xday is the last xday. 4th xdays are not always the last xday.

For example, a group meets on the 4th and 5th Friday of each month. 2/3 of the time, there's no 5th Friday so the group meets once a month. The other 4 months, the group meets twice. Yes, they could meet on 4th and last Fridays, but 8 months there will be two entries for the same meeting. Inelegant and unnecessary.

Another example: another group meets quarterly on the 5th Saturday. Without 5th xday functionality, they'd have to manually add every instance OR cope with 8 bogus calendar entries that year.

lucy j

Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi, Lucy J here. I posted the original question and am still seeking recommendations. Thanks, Rukbat and mustang7757 for your admin help.

If anyone can recommend a better venue for my question, I'd appreciate it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, Lucy J here. I posted the original question and am still seeking recommendations. Thanks, Rukbat and mustang7757 for your admin help.

If anyone can recommend a better venue for my question, I'd appreciate it.
Hi, Lucy and welcome to AC forums!

Hopefully we can get some members to chime on your question.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow