NEED HELP!: Nexus 10 bricked?! Not booting into system/recovery, only bootloader!

pixelflow

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Original Post
Hey there, THE FULL STORY: I've had a Nexus 10 since launch, and have rommed it with Cyanogenmod, and when CM died, moved to Remix OS. Since then, it started flickering and randomly powering off, still with battery. Then one time, it powered off and I couldn't start it. I took the back off it (thanks, iFixit!) and removed and re-applied the battery and screen connectors. It then worked.. well, sort of. It booted straight into the stock bootloader, you know, with the android on it's back with its belly open, and from there when I tried to boot it into system, it went black for a few seconds, worried me, and then relaunched the bootloader. When trying to open up my recovery (TWRP), it did the same. I think as it boots into bootloader. that:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <to twrp>
should work (when connected to my Windows 10 PC, then I can boot into TWRP, and use ADB (does it work in TWRP?) to push the files onto the tablet, then use TWRP and flash them. I'm thinking of flashing either an old CM version or the LineageOS nightly - but also want your guys' help. What shall I do, and what ROM shall I use?

HOW I FIXED IT!:
Thanks to Golfdriver97, I followed a tutorial, which worked, but then came across a problem - touch wasn't working. So, I reconnected the connectors infront of the battery (thanks iFixit -link here) and it then worked. It's not any custom rom, it's just stock Android from the Nexus site.
Thanks again, Golfdriver97!

-Dan // pixelFlow

Last edited:

pixelflow

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo6kqcn8WCo&list=FLlMLVjsALU_oHfD0fnndLcg&index=64&t=4s

Since you can boot into the bootloader, you can reflash a stock ROM.

My guess is, something happened to Remix during the flash process.

Hey!

I got this just, and I'd already flashed TWRP. Now the bad news;
I can't use the touch-screen in TWRP. Which means I can't press anything. What I CAN do, is use adb to push the files i want to flash to the system. I've pushed: SuperSU, A Marshmellow ROM for Manta, Google Assistant Build.prop modifier, and opengapps 6.0 (as marshmallow rom, marshmallow gapps.)

How do I get TWRP to use touch-screen? I might try flashing an old version of TWRP.

Thanks,
-Dan

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would first start with flashing a stock ROM. This will reduce any variables for trying to figure out what is going on.

Once you are up and running, you can then flash your preferred ROM.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe