Need to get stock apps back...

chrisphilly

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all....I need a big favor here.

I removed a bunch of stock apps on my Droid Pro using Titanium Backup....it turns out it doesn't actually back up the APK files!

Anyway, the latest OTA update keeps failing to install and I have tried everything...including a factory reset.

Can someone please zip up the /system/app folder and post it or PM it to me?

I plan on reinstalling the apps and hopefully everything will work out nicely after that.

Thanks!

chrisphilly

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Apps I'm missing

Here is the list if it helps!

City ID 1.0.30
News and Weather 1.3.01
Social Networking 2.2
Help Center 2.2
News 2.2
Social Messaging 2.2
Weather 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
DLNA 0709.69
Task Manager 1.0
Skype mobile 1.0.0.20
VZ Navigator 6.1.0.212
My Verizon Mobile 5.0

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i did a quick google search and couldnt find much. if worse comes to worse, you should be able to use the sbf file in post 7 of this thread to go back to factory on your phone, and then install the update from there.

as many of us have found out the hard way as well, its always better to rename the bloatware rather than delete it. if you use a program called root explorer and rename the extensions in the bloatware from .apk to .bak, youll be able to switch them back easily when its time for a new OTA update.

welcome to the AC forums, by the way!

Phill_UK

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Chris, you've already been given the solution to your problem on other forums...

Download and install the Droid Pro SBF. It is MUCH safer and easier than trying to find and install the apps you deleted.

I did exactly the same thing myself last week, for the first time ever, and it worked perfectly. All my apps and settings remained unchanged, and I was finally able to install the update.

If you follow the instructions here you'll be fine :)

chrisphilly

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I posted on a bunch of forums looking for answers.

Thanks for the tips. I just wanted to report back that the SBF flash worked! Also, I don't need to worry about the update because the SBF came with it.

One tip. I had to do activation again after I flashed the SBF.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo