New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plans

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Why did you sign and not just go somewhere else? You still can get out of the contract if you choose, or you can choose to stay "pi$$ed. "

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Yes, it was explained to me. And where else would I go? It was the mgr of an official verizon wireless store that told me this. My wife is pregnant and due anytime in the next week and her Dinc totally died. Didnt have much choice at that point since I can't afford to buy a phone outright.. Might call cs and see if they can do anything

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was explained to me. And where else would I go? It was the mgr of an official verizon wireless store that told me this. My wife is pregnant and due anytime in the next week and her Dinc totally died. Didnt have much choice at that point since I can't afford to buy a phone outright.. Might call cs and see if they can do anything

Yes, I would. You can always threaten to leave, sprint is offering to $100 if you switch to them from another carrier or walmart and their straight Talk. They may give you money off your bill at least. If you cancel the contract you just signed, would your other lines revert back? Idk, just trying to help. Verizon and I didn't get along too well either.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plan

Havent read these, but I just upgraded a line today and was essentially forced onto a share everything plan by the verizon store rep for all 4 lines. Lost grandfathered unlimited data on every line, including the lines that weren't upgraded, or that were upgraded before the june 27th cutoff date. Effing bull$hit, im pretty pi$$ed at verizon right now

Ouch.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Havent read these, but I just upgraded a line today and was essentially forced onto a share everything plan by the verizon store rep for all 4 lines. Lost grandfathered unlimited data on every line, including the lines that weren't upgraded, or that were upgraded before the june 27th cutoff date. Effing bull$hit, im pretty pi$$ed at verizon right now

You can always take the phone back and it'll revert back to your old contract or month to month. Whatever you were on before. :)

My Banned Galaxy Nexus

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
People. Have been told this would happen. It has been advertised for everyone to read. Verizon not hiding anything

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Technically yes, however the promotion had been running for many months and was essentially a new normal. And of course, even by non-promo standards they're going from $30/2gb to $50/1gb. Right now $50 gets you 5gb!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Right now $44.95 gets me unlimited!

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

The new plans aren't all that bad when you break Em down. I just saved $40 a month by switching.

And go ahead and say I don't have unlimited data. You're right. I don't and I don't need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Exactly. My wife has an unlimited plan and only uses 300-500MB/month. I have a grandfathered double data with hotspot 6GB plan. I probably use 3-5GB/month and a lot of that is very discretionary. We could definitely save on the order of $20/month based on our current usage. It's tempting to jump over to the share plans to simplify billing, gain hotspot for my wife and to save a bit of money. Verizon definitely knew what they were doing in pricing them.

The only thing that's stopping me though, is a nagging sense that in some ways it's a raw deal. I still don't fully understand why share everything plans with phone devices are $40 more than the data only device plans. The data only tiered plans are much more fair in cost and is closer to what I would have expected for their shared data tiers. I also don't like that adding a hotspot device costs double the tablet cost. I suspect some of these discrepancies are due to embedded device subsidies. I'd really like to see them stop embedding the subsidies in the rates and just add a charge for the subsidized device during the contract term or perhaps do device financing over a specified term. Either way would make billing much more transparent and fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

July 31, 2012 - update

Looks like the backdoor to the old plans is still open -

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/

6aSOi.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Those have always been available for single lines. The issue is we can't keep unlimited data by doing this.

The issue is that Verizon says that Share Everything is the only plan available for new customers. This thread has nothing to do with unlimited data.

Hence the title: "New Customers". :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The issue is that Verizon says that Share Everything is the only plan available for new customers. This thread has nothing to do with unlimited data.

Hence the title: "New Customers". :)

I could have sworn that share everything was only for family plans. I may be wrong but that's why I mentioned it. Don't be a smart ass. ;)

Obviously, I'm kidding around with that last comment.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

There is a lot of mis information in this thread. Shared Everything has replaced the family share plans but the individual nationwide plans are apparently still available through the web (they are not supposed to be) and yes there are plans for non smart phones (starting at 700 minutes, pay per text, pay per use data) for $40 and unlimited talk and text with 300 MB at $70. If you have the double data promo you get to keep it when you upgrade the only thing that is being eliminated for existing customers is grandparented UNLIMITED data.

mrblonde067

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I work at wal-mart in electronics, and our systems in forceing people to change to the new plan. Which is a bit hit for verizon business. Im also in the same boat with the old plans, which makes me have to buy new or pre owned.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I work at wal-mart in electronics, and our systems in forceing people to change to the new plan. Which is a bit hit for verizon business. Im also in the same boat with the old plans, which makes me have to buy new or pre owned.

I'm sure Verizon can offer it but this isn't good for the Wal-Mart. But who cares, I'd never buy a phone there anyways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

mrblonde067

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It works to be a better deal most of the time. But, since i like my unlimted data plan so much; im SOL on a new phone. I dont need unlimted talk i barely use 200 mins a month. Its not fair to people like me, why should i have pay higher for services i dont need?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It works to be a better deal most of the time. But, since i like my unlimted data plan so much; im SOL on a new phone. I dont need unlimted talk i barely use 200 mins a month. Its not fair to people like me, why should i have pay higher for services i dont need?

..but you're not forced to get an upgrade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

12/5: Looks like this method no longer works.