New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plans

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking they would probally let me do it, becuase they did an faq, and they said to keep your plan you have to buy the phone outright.

Sent from my DROID Incredible

That's the way I do things, buy outright from Craigslist most of the time. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's the way I do things, buy outright from Craigslist most of the time. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

It may be more expensive at first but these new plans would cost 30 dollars more before fees. It's worth it in the long run

Sent from my DROID Incredible

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

Sorry but your information is incorrect and all your website links are spreading incorrect information. I have 5 different sources at Verizon which have confirmed that the internal training document is incorrect. I have spoken with multiple supervisors at 611 and also messaged @VZWSupport myself to confirm this. I have spoken with a personal friend who is a trainer at Verizon to confirm this.

Share Everything will only be an option and not the only way forward for new customers.

Edit: Just found someone asking @VZWSupport this exact question.
https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/213741091407675393

The real question is where is the true information? Even going to V's website there are a lot of unanswered questions and vague data.

The only thing I am sure of is that Verizon is pulling one over on consumers.

Even basic plan users prices are going up (see above link). My current plan is 1400 minutes, unlimted text at $100.00. Based on that plan with the max of 5 lines I pay $150 if they were all cell phones.

Under their new plan they want to charge people $70 for the service and $150 for 5 lines.

This is for their voice service that has paid for itself.

Right now Verizon cannot make people switch but with their cash flow they will find out a way to make people switch. This is going to be the biggest F U to consumers ever and this is why they are giving free voice and data because they can at least say they are adding value due to the unlimited talk and text. Here is the kicker though and purely my opinion....

Verizon is going to come out with the first VoIP phone and push CDMA out the door. That way they can focus on a data network only, they won't have to pay for the use of CDMA technology (less overhead), they will have a simplified billing system (less overhead), simplified maintenance costs with only running one system (less overhead) and a bloated overpriced service (more profits).

This is just the beginning of not only Verizon but all the major carriers giving us the finger and laughing at us while they do it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The publicly posted information points to the current Individual and Family plans being phased out.

While there is still the possibility that they could be available along side Share Everything, it wouldn't surprise me to see them no longer available shortly after Share Everything launches.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Thinking about make the same move to VZW, just not sure to do it for a new LTE smart phone now, or wait, until after 28th. It shold not matter at those single lines are not effected.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't have time to Google the link, but there's a Cnet Q&A article on the new Verizon plans that says Share Everything is the only thing Verizon will be offering new customers. The current individual plans will be gone. (Article link was posted in the Rezound forum a few days ago.)

As I've said upthread, I don't see how Verizon could offer 5gb for $50 to individuals but just 1gb on SE, so it makes sense that the individual plans will go.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Don't have time to Google the link, but there's a Cnet Q&A article on the new Verizon plans that says Share Everything is the only thing Verizon will be offering new customers. The current individual plans will be gone. (Article link was posted in the Rezound forum a few days ago.)

As I've said upthread, I don't see how Verizon could offer 5gb for $50 to individuals but just 1gb on SE, so it makes sense that the individual plans will go.

But you can have an "individual" plan with Share Everything for $90 a month ($40 for 1 smartphone unlimited talk/text + $50 for 1GB of data).

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

But you can have an "individual" plan with Share Everything for $90 a month ($40 for 1 smartphone unlimited talk/text + $50 for 1GB of data).

Well yes, but right now the great majority of individuals who don't need unlimited talk/text can get talk, text and 2gb for $10 less a month or 5gb for just $10 more. Point is 2gb/$30 and 5gb/$50 data plans are going away and for an individual (or really anyone) 1gb for $50 blows.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

For reference: Confused about Verizon's Family Share plans? You're not alone

If I am a new Verizon Wireless subscriber after June 28, and I don't want a share plan, can I sign up for one of the old individual plans?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no. All new Verizon Wireless customers will only be offered the Family Share plans going forward. That goes for individuals as well as families.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just heard from my inside source and the Q&A info has turned out to be wrong.

Thus, this thread has false information.

The Individual and Family plans will still exist for new customers after Share Everything launches.

Sidenote: Don't need to talk about my credentials but I've had a hand in the early days of V710 and E815 hacking.

Last edited:

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Just heard from my inside source and the Q&A info has turned out to be wrong.

Thus, this thread has false information.

The Individual and Family plans will still exist for new customers after Share Everything launches.

Sidenote: Don't need to talk about my credentials but I've had a hand in the early days of V710 and E815 hacking. ;)

Nope. They're gone. Shared plans or prepaid. That's it.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I went to see if we could save any money by going to the share plan.

I got on Verizon's site to start a new plan, picked 5 smartphones and it wanted me to add a data package to every phone and, ended up being $830 per month. :eek:

That's over $500 more than we are paying now. WTF is what went through my mind and what happened to the share everything!

DROID RAZR MAXXimum Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nope. They're gone. Shared plans or prepaid. That's it.

They're still an option when you go to purchase a phone with service.

They're no longer on the main page though.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

what part of Verizon do you work for RY your posts have a one sided Verizon slant for sure

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

frugal use of 300 megs are you kidding me, thats setting someone up for overages up the rear, My wife has a one week old Razr max and has used 358mb downloading free ringtones from Zedge, a couple of books from google play and a couple of google maps for driving directions. I understand the gist of your posts, its not all that bad for many. But the reality for enough of us is the same level of usage will cost more. No excuses its pure and simple Verizon saw that they were not making as much with their current plans than they can with the new, they did NO ONE any favors.

Reactions: spun2u

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
frugal use of 300 megs are you kidding me, thats setting someone up for overages up the rear, My wife has a one week old Razr max and has used 358mb downloading free ringtones from Zedge, a couple of books from google play and a couple of google maps for driving directions. I understand the gist of your posts, its not all that bad for many. But the reality for enough of us is the same level of usage will cost more. No excuses its pure and simple Verizon saw that they were not making as much with their current plans than they can with the new, they did NO ONE any favors.

But current users aren't being forced to switch to Share Everything.

And there are a few examples of users here that can actually save money switching to Share Everything. Of course, most here would be considered "power users" but they are not the majority of Verizon's customer base.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plan

by not being forced you mean we have a choice to pay full price for our phones from now on to avoid losing our unlimited plans, we have a choice of not changing any of our contract on any of our lines because that would allow Verizon to re-do our contract pushing us to the shared data. Your right we are not being forced we are being led by the nose

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
by not being forced you mean we have a choice to pay full price for our phones from now on to avoid losing our unlimited plans, we have a choice of not changing any of our contract on any of our lines because that would allow Verizon to re-do our contract pushing us to the shared data. Your right we are not being forced we are being led by the nose

You're also not being forced to be a Verizon customer.

If you have unlimited data and you upgrade, you have to switch to tiered data. And that doesn't mean that you're forced to switch to a Share Everything plan.

If it bothers you so much, speak with your wallet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards