New G3 UK User

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
To sleep last night at 98% battery, down to 94% in the morning, the usual apps responsible, Phone Idle, Android OS etc. Good.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just looked at a demo Galaxy Note 3 in a store. Such richly saturated colours on the app icons! Such sharpness and smoothness from the 5.7" 388ppi OLED display! It was not immediately obvious to me that the G3's display is better in either respect. Perhaps on closer examination, but I didn't have time to hang about.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Since I've got three phones, one of which is a Lumia 1020, I thought I'd better do a brief comparison, so I took three shots of the same subject, a lot of brightly coloured detailed signs, and that's it.
Nexus 5: Very good.
G3: Better, allowing greater cropping before quality deteriorates, more neutral colour than Nexus.
1020: G3 compares very favourably with 5mp oversampled image, and surprisingly well with hi-res version.

I'm reluctant to compare in greater depth because I don't think that image quality is of much importance...it's the picture quality that counts and that's down to the skills, or luck, of the photographer.

My G3 at the moment is at 64% battery after 53½ hours with light-to-moderate use.

I'm inclined to close this thread with apologies to LG for subjecting their product to such unseemly testing, and to thank them once again for producing what is a great technological achievement and a wonderful phone.