NEW Google Keyboard

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Apparently this isn't a very popular opinion, but after using it a bit I'm very tempted to go back to the Samsung keyboard. I don't type that much, I don't like using gestures and the predictive text seems to work the same for both. I haven't had any speed or accuracy issues with either and while it may be slightly easier to type on the Google keyboard, I really prefer having the number row up on top all the time like on the Samsung keyboard. Anything I gain from the Google keyboard is lost from the time lost having to switch back and forth between letter and number mode. It probably has a lot to do with what I'm normally typing, but that's what I've found so far.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind it.. I was using it and quickly discovered it doesn't have the .com button.. I don't know why that gets left off so many keyboards when it is so useful!! :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Kii Keyboard using the ICS theme is pretty much the same as the stock Android keyboard but with a lot more options. I am happy that the stock keyboard is available now as a standalone because it is so great but Kii is my number one choice now.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have to say...I love this thread because it introduced me to Swype, but I think I like Swype slightly better than the Google keyboard.

Frankly, they are both nice. I'll probably keep playing with them, but sometimes choices become too many and bewildering. ;)

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
If vote down swiftkey purely from the standpoint that anything orange sucks, way too much orange in the talk to text.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
By far best keyboard for what I use it for. I'm not into themes on keyboards, etc. and the gesture typing and speech to text capture are impressive.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I would never use a keyboard I had to pay for. That's why I used kii because it was free. Now that Google is free I'll use it.

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk 4

Maybe I shouldn't say never. that's a long time

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. Seems simple, efficient, and to the point. I just wish it came in a light version. I hate dark UI's

This. Exactly this. I'm a minimalist. I like things functional, yet clean and simple. The stock keyboard is just getting to that point. It feels lightweight to me, it runs fast enough, and in my opinion it's good enough right now to keep me from using a third-party keyboard as my primary one. If I can stick with stock components without sacrificing what I see as important functionality, I definitely will.

To clarify, I have used most of the popular third-party keyboards out there. ;)

starshockey

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is now my favorite keyboard however in reviewing my battery stats with it installed it has Google services hitting 60-70% usage. I uninstalled and Google services dropped below 5% anyone have any clues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles