New nexus 4 owner. have a lot of questions.

jediskickass

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
just got the nexus 4 on contract thru t mobile. with my employee discount i'll get 15% off but i'm not sure that'll be enough to kill off the taxes that come with a contract.
currently i'm paying $80 a month for 500 mins, unlim. text/web (4G)
My friend tells me that the Nexus 4 is only 3G capable but i believe it's 4G from what i read.
I've had a samsung galaxy s (1) for over a year and HATED it. Everything bad that could go wrong did go wrong. My texts would erase themselves, it took 5/10 seconds to open up texts, the keyboard froze, etc. I could go on and on but I've decided that I just so happened to get a sucky phone.

I liked the way the Nexus 4 looked so i got that. I started fresh and didn't link my android account from my old phone to my new one. I would like to know if there any apps out there with a good anti virus/malware detector on it. On my previous phone I would notice random apps would pop on my phone, i'm sure this is because of something i downloaded like a wallpaper app/etc.

I had battery saver on my previous phone and it was the best, and it was free, it saved my battery better than juice defender, are there better battery saver apps out there? And what's the best video game emulator on the android market.

Also i'm scared of linking my bank account to my phone, or using my credit card, is it safe? Can i download an app that'll make it secure/password locked?

Basically recommend me a lot of apps/tips for me, thanks

(also i'm playing it smart and using my old phone for now while i wait for a bumper case/screen protector to come in the mail from amazon. will this be enough protection for it)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
just got the nexus 4 on contract thru t mobile. with my employee discount i'll get 15% off but i'm not sure that'll be enough to kill off the taxes that come with a contract.
curently i'm paying $80 a month for 500 mins, unlim. text/web (4G)
My friend tells me that the Nexus 4 is only 3G capable but i believe it's 4G from what i read.
I've had a samsung galaxy s (1) for over a year and HATED it. Everything bad that could go wrong did go wrong. My texts would erase themselves, it took 5/10 seconds to open up texts, the keyboard froze, etc. I could go on and on but I've decided that I just so happened to get a sucky phone.

I liked the way the Nexus 4 looked so i got that. I started fresh and didn't link my android account from my old phone to my new one. I would like to know if there any apps out there with a good anti virus/malware detector on it. On my previous phone I would notice random apps would pop on my phone, i'm sure this is because of something i downloaded like a wallpaper app/etc.

I had battery saver on my previous phone and it was the best, and it was free, it saved my battery better than juice defender, are there better battery saver apps out there? And what's the best video game emulator on the android market.

Also i'm scared of linking my bank account to my phone, or using my credit card, is it safe? Can i download an app that'll make it secure/password locked?

Basically recommend me a lot of apps/tips for me, thanks

(also i'm playing it smart and using my old phone for now while i wait for a bumper case/screen protector to come in the mail from amazon. will this be enough protection for it)

The Nexus 4 is 4G...just not LTE.

Avast and Lookout are two really good antivirus/malware detectors.

Bumper will protect your phone from scratches but not damage if you drop your phone. I recommend a carrying case that attaches to your belt instead od putting the phone in your pocket.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless there's a reason not mentioned for not linking your Google account to your new phone, there's no reason not to. When you sign in you can choose the option of not restoring data from your account. Plus, if you bought any paid apps they will be available to download without paying for them again. Email and contacts can be synced automatically.

I hope you enjoy your Nexus 4. I certainly enjoy mine!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

If you're worried about breaking the phone, get a case. Seidio makes my favorite but there are plenty of recommendations in the accessories section of this forum.

For battery saver, check out this thread (recommending JuiceDefender): http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/262456-solution-battery-life-problem.html

As far as apps go...all depends on what you like to do...long range shooting (Shooter), listen to audio books (Ambling Book Player), games (I don't play them so I don't know)? Try going to youtube and search for top android apps. You'll find a bunch of videos that showcase top apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord