New rom for my Inc2, suggestions?

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my inc2 for a little over a year. Finally sick of the bloat that verizon stuck me with. Looking for suggestions on a stable, ics based rom to flash. Just want something solid that doesn't have a ton of bugs that will let me keep it clean.

Currently running stock everything, not rooted or anything.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thx!

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I would just wait another month or so because ICS will be coming out soon. Also, I would decide on either AOSP or Sense.

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
thx for the suggestion, but do you really believe verizon will release it in a timely fashion?

also, that doesn't solve my bloat issue.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Dinc2 for a little over a week (warranty replacement for an X2), so far love the phone, however.....

I was tired of the bloat and the little bit of lag (which wasn't that bad) after 4 days. I rooted and debloated myself and it ran pretty good. However I went custom just to see if it could get better. I've been running MikRunny's Incredible 2 HD since Friday. Over clocked to 1200, it's fast smooth and very stable. Has tons of customizable options, and I'm already getting around 20 hours of battery life with moderate-heavy use. I can't praise this ROM enough, I love it and I'm very picky.

If you want the latest and greatest, MikRunny is pretty nice to and rumored to be getting an update soon.

You can find both at themikmik.com

From my Inc2 running Inc2 HD

Last edited:

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
thx for the suggestion, but do you really believe verizon will release it in a timely fashion?

also, that doesn't solve my bloat issue.

Well, just because your sick of bloat doesn't mean you have to have ICS. Your question was about ICS, I just simply replied. HTC hasn't released source for ICS, so its not going to be bug free. duh.....
We have plenty of ROM's to choose from that don't have bloat, so I would s-off and try some.