New SD Card

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
hello all! i just ordered a sandsik 16GB class 4 micro sd card from amazon. i just want to know if i should worry about doing anything to my phone. i am running CM7 with CWM 3.x. what procedures will i have to do so i can use my new SD card normally without my phone being all weird on me? do i have to format my card to FAT32 and flash a new recovery? if so how should i do all this? (i'm on a mac just in case)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is copy the contents of your SD card to your computer, insert you new sd card, make sure it's FAT32 and copy the contents back. You should be good to go.

Reactions: IanAck123

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is copy the contents of your SD card to your computer, insert you new sd card, make sure it's FAT32 and copy the contents back. You should be good to go.

really? thats it? wow, seems a lot easier than i thought haha. thanks man i appreciate it

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually keep a current backup of my sd card on my computer as well.That way if sd card gets corrupt for some odd reason I can just copy the sd folder off my computer to a new sd card .I make weeky backups of sd card so its current . ;)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If your old card was corrupted, etc you are copying those issues onto the new card. I personally copy a little at a time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually keep a current backup of my sd card on my computer as well.That way if sd card gets corrupt for some odd reason I can just copy the sd folder off my computer to a new sd card .I make weeky backups of sd card so its current . ;)

+1 I do the same thing. I keep a folder called SDCard on the desktop, then create date folders like 01-31-11 inside of that, and copy the contents of the SD Card to the date folder. Then I can delete old nandroids and roms off the SD card and still have a backup if I need it.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Good idea with dated folders. I still have to reload my music after getting my new card

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone for the advice. but my old SD card wasnt corrupted. i had no errors with it at all. it was just way too small for an android phone :) (2GB). my 16GB class 4 just came in the mail. i plugged it into the computer and it says its already FAT32. should i even bother formatting it before i transfer all of my files onto the card from my old one? also when i have an option to format it i see things like 32 kilobytes and 64. which should i choose?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord