New Swiftkey is Fantabulous...

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call myself a naysayer, but I keep trying SwiftKey and always end up going back to Swype. The gesture typing just seems a lot smoother to me.

SwiftKey's number row is nice though, and the new minimalist themes are gorgeous. But they're a lot less functional since they don't have the secondary characters displayed. Do they plan on updating existing themes to add that sort of thing? Or will they put it in a new theme and try to make everyone buy it again?

Swiftkey has a Swype mode called Flow - you just need to turn it on in Settings.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think they've finally gotten the responsiveness of the keyboard when swiping to be better than that of Swype.

I've been a big fan of Swype, but decided to give Swiftkey a try with the new update. I liked it okay, but it's still not as easy to use as Swype, so I have switched back.

Sent from my Note 3 Using Tapatalk

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using it for the first time but the autocorrect is annoying for certain types of words. Anyway to turn it off? Please.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Autocorrect is learning more of my words I use everyday and it is not correcting the ones after it learned them. I am starting to like SwiftKey.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Autocorrect is learning more of my words I use everyday and it is not correcting the ones after it learned them. I am starting to like SwiftKey.

It gets better and better the more you use and teach it :D. I love that you can have it sync to your Google account for backup as well... You get a new phone... Sync your Google account and SwiftKey knows you instantly on your new phone :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
well...for some reason swiftkey killed my battery '-' i didn't last 9h with it and when i uninstalled it, went back to my normal 1d average!

sent from my Moto X <3

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Been a SwiftKey user since (before) it was released. I'm so glad they finally released this update. I've been using the beta version with emoji, number row etc for a while now and this new version is even better!

Currently using this theme that matches google plus ➕ 😁

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1403792007843.jpg
    1403792007843.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 33

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Went back to SwiftKey after this thread and even though I like the Google keyboard layout better the prediction of this keyboard is so sick.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No need to show off.

*grumble* need a nexus *grumble*

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

A lot of people have commented that they don't like this layout (they will, just not yet maybe?) - luckily the old layouts are still available through the advanced settings for those that don't like it.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people have commented that they don't like this layout (they will, just not yet maybe?) - luckily the old layouts are still available through the advanced settings for those that don't like it.

I was just reading a thread on The Verge how some people really don't like it. I personally like it a lot.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've switched to Swiftkey lately and still didn't regret it. Like it's auto-correct (though some time wish it didn't correct me, but once you adapt to it, you learn how to fight it), how it place space after full-stops and comas. Previously I've been using Google keyboard, so the only thing I lack is a backspace button to be in the upper row, not somewhere down. But that's a matter of habit.

Is there a more customizable keyboard? I mean that you can drag buttons where you want them to be or add some characters to the original layout instead of switching to the Symbols option.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey was making my phone slow. Slow WiFi /3g maybe make it load predictions slowly. Whatever it was I had to switch to Google keyboard. It's a satisfactory replacement for now. I miss my Swiftkey.

sent from my phone with the app

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I like the prediction but it drives me crazy when I type something I don't want it to correct and I don't know how to leave it alone. For example I can't type O, L, E, D, as a single word. I can't get it to not correct it.

Also I use two languages but I don't use them together. But it something to insert my second language into English text.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001