New Trusted Members

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello, My name is Michael. I was recently invited to become a Trusted Member. Being me, I happily accepted:)

I live in Gilbert, AZ U.S. I currently own a S7 edge.

I really enjoy helping people out! It brings a big smile to my face when I am able to help someone in need.

I understand there is approximately 60 of us new Trusted Members. Care to introduce yourself?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Rich here, or PKcable, or just PK, as most know me. Not exactly new, BUT I've been a trusted member, among other things at AC for a while. My main gig is Q&A Team Leader at Mobile Nations (all of our sites). I was the Mod Team Leader at CrackBerry for a while, and I'm still a Mod there. I live in Philadelphia and I work for the city. I have had SO many phones in the last 10 years I can't even say! lol Currently I have a Moto Z Force and iPhone 7 Plus as my primary SIM'd phones, a Mate 9 (on loan to my brother), and a Lumia 950 which I use for Continuum as a sort of PC and to help people with Windows Mobile questions. (I got it cheap)

As you may know from reading in the hub I run a team of volunteers who help answering questions at our sites. We focus on the Ask a Question sub forum at each site and make sure the questions get answered quickly and correctly. We also help, the Mods, Ambassadors, Champions, etc in answering questions in other sub forums. Some of us ARE Mods, Ambassadors or Champions. I'm the Google Daydream Champion for example. @James Falconer asks for a volunteer for something and basically I say yes! lol Anyways IF you are interested in joining my team (is this REALLY a long ad! LOL!) see this thread.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello! It's nice to meet you all. My name is Colby. I've been a member since March 25th of 2013. (1 year after getting my first Android Device!) Currently I'm still in school (I'll be a junior next year & I'm 17) but that doesn't deter me from my love of all things tech! I love to take apart/tinker with and fix anything ranging from cell phones, computers, to TV's and so on. I was first introduced to Android when I found an old LG Optimus S. I believe that device was on Froyo 2.1 so I've been here since with every new Android OS to be released. But, I also love to use and engage in the iOS community too. They're both amazing OS's though I prefer Android for the customization it offers. I try my best to be active and help other users here as much as possible. It's a really good learning & interaction experience. Oh I also plan on attending college for a Computer Science degree with a second degree in Marketing & Communications. I have hope to work at Google one day! (That'd be one of the most exciting days ever) So yeah, there's a little about me. I look forward to being apart of this amazing team! :)

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
AJ here also from AZ. Started on Windows Central back when it was still WPCentral, but now I mostly hang out in the Android forums as that's my passion these days. I'm an IT guy, been in the Telecom business for over 30 years, mostly land based enterprise telephony and VoIP.

I enjoy lending a hand when I'm able around here. It's always a learning experience with so much variation and diversity in the marketplace. I learn something new around here all the time :)

Glad to be here, and thank you for the opportunity!!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My name is Jim - I've been around here for several years now off and on. Just became a Trusted Member and a Champion for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active forum. (while waiting for the Galaxy Note 8 to arrive - they took my Note 7 away)

I've been involved with Medical Diagnostic Imaging Technology as a Field Service Engineer for 36 years but these phones have posed a new challenege over the past few years. I love digging into them and seeing how they tick, so to speak... not too deep of course - we wouldn't want to do anything illegal now!

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun meeting people on here and I look forward to working with all of you. If there's anything I can do to help out, just PM me. I am pretty handy with CorelDRAW, Photoshop, etc.

Thanks to James for the opportunity to serve!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello every one,

I'm Eric and I was also invited to be a "Trusted member". Hope we can help others by passing along credible info while also gaining info. See you all on the forums:)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello every one,

I'm Eric and I was also invited to be a "Trusted member". Hope we can help others by passing along credible info while also gaining info. See you all on the forums:)

Seems like we are going to see the words 'Trusted Member' quite a lot around the forums in the next couple days. Will be nice to get to know all of you and who knows, maybe even meet in person someday. 😃

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Seems like we are going to see the words 'Trusted Member' quite a lot around the forums in the next couple days. Will be nice to get to know all of you and who knows, maybe even meet in person someday. 😃
Why in the next couple of days? They originally added around 60. I was invited again today, are they adding a bunch more? Just curious ☺️

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Why in the next couple of days? They originally added around 60. I was invited again today, are they adding a bunch more? Just curious ☺️

I don't know if James is planning on adding more 'Trusted Members'. but I was referring to all the trusted members having their name tags displaying.(because its not there at the moment) so

we are going to see the words 'Trusted Member' quite a lot around the forums in the next couple days.

At the moment its only available on WindowsCentral. but should be displaying on all Mobile Nations sites in the next couple days :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if James is planning on adding more 'Trusted Members' (I'm sure he is). but I was referring to all the trusted members having their name tags displaying.(because its not there at the moment) so

At the moment its only available on WindowsCentral. but should be displaying on all Mobile Nations sites in the next couple days :)

Oh OK, that makes sense. I thought it was going to be a while longer before the name tags were going to be able to be displayed. Thanx Matty!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I was added probably the same time as you, a number of weeks ago. My name is Randall. I'm in Birmingham AL. I currently have the G5 and the Honor 8. I'll soon be jumping to the GS8. It'll be my first Samsung device. I like to help whenever/wherever I can.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not a new "Trusted Member", I've been one for a while, I think one of the first group.
I've been around the Crackberry and Android Central since about 2009.

My signature says "I've forgotten more about technology than most people know."
I hold both a BSEE and MSEE. I'm also a Senior Member of IEEE.
I hold a patent or two in the area of technology and have worked designing chips that have gone in the following types of products or are these products.

Digital Audio and DSP Applications
GSM CellPhones
Network Switches
PC's
Video Encoders/Decoders for Head End and Set Top Box
DVRs
Satellite Receiver Chips
Specialized Processors for various Applications

So my screen name "Tech_Head" is very accurate.