New Update from Sprint?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint Model of the LG G3 and this morning it said I had an update.
I did the update (crosses fingers). It doesnt look bad, the wifi symbol and LTE on the top look different. I couldnt really see anything different.

Android Version- 5.01
Kernel- 3.4
Build- LRX21V
;)

Anyone else get this?

Just curious if there is something that I am missing.....

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just updated mine a few hours ago. The description said security updates. I noticed the new wifi and LTE logo as well. Not sure what else, yet.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source : Sprint Community Forums

LG G3 software update - version LS990ZVC
Features/Enhancements:

• Sprint Global Roaming
  • Minor UI Updates
  • App Updates
  • Bug Fixes

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 11/20/15 and will be completed by 11/26/15
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update. Please do not call asking. Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if an updated radio was included in this updated even though it wasn't listed. I seem to be experiencing better LTE signal since the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Im in the UK with a factory unlocked G3, but it sounds like the matching update for Europe, which we got on the 5th Nov.

Kernel: 3.4 / Build LRX21R / Software: v21a-EUR-XX

Its good news this though because it means LG are keeping everyone up-to-date on the same version.

We also got the StageFright fix in this update

heath51

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I finally gave in and took this small update and like all of the others, I wish I wouldn't have. Some changes on appearance like the WiFi logo and no spinning spark thingie. I noticed that some of my aps don't work any more and my battery dies a lot quicker now. I told my wife not to take the update. Can we go back to KitKat please??? I hope this new Marshmallow update is better than Lollipop because updates stink. Guess I need to root this year old phone and have a great phone again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110