News News Weekly: A new HTC phone could be on the way, Google cuts more jobs, and more

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Of all the smartphones I have had, I really miss 2. The 2013 Moto X, and the HTC M8.
I rather enjoyed the M8 as well. The red version really stood out, but unfortunately the USB port wasn't well built. I RMA'd one for a bad port and the second one went bad as well. I also saw other reports from others having that issue. If not for that, it was great for its time.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I rather enjoyed the M8 as well. The red version really stood out, but unfortunately the USB port wasn't well built. I RMA'd one for a bad port and the second one went bad as well. I also saw other reports from others having that issue. If not for that, it was great for its time.
Yeah. Both, the Android and Windows versions of the M8 were good phones. Sadly, the M9 was not. It overheated, was slow, and stuttered.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky...I had a good one for the USB port. My mom had the M9, and while she had no complaints about it, it was that phone that I noticed how hard she was on her devices. She burned through her battery life in less than a year. She's retired and used her phone a lot. I swapped her M9 for my M8 (I was due for an upgrade at the time), and she ran that one into the ground too.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I was lucky...I had a good one for the USB port. My mom had the M9, and while she had no complaints about it, it was that phone that I noticed how hard she was on her devices. She burned through her battery life in less than a year. She's retired and used her phone a lot. I swapped her M9 for my M8 (I was due for an upgrade at the time), and she ran that one into the ground too.
The battery life for the M9 was not great. HTC was pretty good at making phones. That's why I was surprised that the M9 was not a great phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The battery life for the M9 was not great. HTC was pretty good at making phones. That's why I was surprised that the M9 was not a great phone.
Even if the M9 was universally bad at battery life it was that device that made me think of how much my mom was saying she needed to charge any of her phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnathan319