Nexus 10 is on a black screen after booting and usb wont work

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I recently got an old Nexus 10 working again, after replacing the battery, had no issues, and the battery worked perfectly. So I was updating the tablet and the latest update was 5.0.2. So I downloaded that, and things went wrong.

Firstly, I could no longer press the digital home back or (whatever the name for the square one is) or swipe down to see notifications or options. Then, I update it again to try and fix the problem after trying some basic troubleshooting (USB had already stopped working at this point - keeps connecting and disconnecting when plugged in and when it stays, it doesn't allow adb to work.) So I update it and now all I have is a black screen on boot. It boots up, says optimizing app 1 of 1, and then just shows a black screen. the only ui that comes up is the power off one, and it plays a notification tone about 2 minutes into boot. So, I've tried reflashing it every way I could think of EXCEPT SP Flash Tool because I couldn't find a good file for it, though I assume that would work. Right now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, multiple flash versions, using a different cable, using a different port, installing the USB software from Samsung's website, nothing wants to work.

UK_Gamer05

May 23, 2019
Visit site
So, I recently got an old Nexus 10 working again, after replacing the battery, had no issues, and the battery worked perfectly. So I was updating the tablet and the latest update was 5.0.2. So I downloaded that, and things went wrong.

Firstly, I could no longer press the digital home back or (whatever the name for the square one is) or swipe down to see notifications or options. Then, I update it again to try and fix the problem after trying some basic troubleshooting (USB had already stopped working at this point - keeps connecting and disconnecting when plugged in and when it stays, it doesn't allow adb to work.) So I update it and now all I have is a black screen on boot. It boots up, says optimizing app 1 of 1, and then just shows a black screen. the only ui that comes up is the power off one, and it plays a notification tone about 2 minutes into boot. So, I've tried reflashing it every way I could think of EXCEPT SP Flash Tool because I couldn't find a good file for it, though I assume that would work. Right now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, multiple flash versions, using a different cable, using a different port, installing the USB software from Samsung's website, nothing wants to work.

Since then (this is me btw) I've made moderate progress, I sorted out the USB issue (still doesn't want to flash though since I hadn't authorised my main pc with usb debugging yet) and at one point got back to the home screen, which would have been my saviour, but then "The Process system is not responding." That was caused for leaving it on for a long period of time, so this time im gonna leave it plugged in to ac for about 6 hours, and when I come back see if anything happens. If it doesn't, well I'm back to square 1.