Nexus 10 or iPad 4?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Never played with a Nexus 10, but I'd choose an iPad 4 over it. The main point in me having a 10" tablet is battery life and the iPad is the best in this category. With the screen set anywhere below half brightness, I never get less than 10 hours of use out of my iPad 3. It's also nice having a tablet with a different OS than my phone.

I still like Android better overall, but the iPad is still my preferred 10" tablet. The Nexus 4 and 7 are my preferred phone and 7" tablet.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't see Devlyn's screenshot but the PDF looks good to me. Even small type footnotes are very readable in portrait mode. Plus you can zoom just a little to use the margins.

How do I take a screenshot?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to upload a pic to the forums on the tablet using chrome...

For a screen shot it is the power button and volume down.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot:
growth2.png

Third try at posting-it worked finally! Well, kinda. Totally illegible while the real thing is crystal clear. Sorry, I tried!
Oh, and thanks Devlyn16. I thought that was it but it was being finicky.

Last edited:

Arghya Chatterjee

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot: http://rowfamily.us/images/growth2.png
Third try at posting-it worked finally! Well, kinda. Totally illegible while the real thing is crystal clear. Sorry, I tried!
Oh, and thanks Devlyn16. I thought that was it but it was being finicky.

Thanks a lot guys for your effort. Its N10 all the way! :)

@Devlyn16: Thanks for the screenshot.

@Davrow: Thanks a ton man!

You two people are real life savers!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just posting these here to be of use in the future

Be sure to click to see the original image so it is formatted correctly
Landscape

78076-screenshot-2013-08-23-20-29-01.jpg

Portrait

78079-a.jpg

Obviously zooming would allow you to bring the text to the edge of the screen or push it back to amke it smaller. it really depends on HOW MUCH content needs tobe visable at the same time.

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I want a combination.

I prefer Android over iOS.

However I prefer 4x3 aspect ratio on tablets that large. I returned my nexus 10, not because it was too big... but because it was the wrong shape and not comfortable to hold.

So until a high-res, 4x3 android tablet hits the market, I'll continue slumming it with my note 8.

Carlssen

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Try the Archos 97 Titanium HD.
9.7" 2048 x 1536 IPS TFT display
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
1.6 Ghz dual core
5 MP back camera and 2 MP front camera
Supports Micro SD cards up to 64GB
ARM Mali 400 GPU

steakman911

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I work in the oil sands in N Alberta. Working on a SAGD site (that stands for Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage. i.e.: no strip mining...its more like conventional drilling. We inject steam in and out comes diluted bitumen. (K, now you are an expert.! lol). Working up there as an Inspector, using a tablet is so much easier than carrying a laptop with you in your truck or wherever.

I just received an iPad 32gB with the retina display (yesterday). I previously had a 32 gB LTE BBry Playbook which unfortunately I mighta killed while attempting a digitizer screen changeout ergo the iPad. I messed with it for about 4 hours straight...I will say I was not all that impressed with the Apple offering.

Here is what I find lacking on the iPad.

1; you simply cannot create folders - major PITA (unless you have an app for that particular file)..but nothing like the droid OS.
2: (and I knew this), no memory upgrade via SDHC cards. (the PB was the same way btw.)..don't like being held as a financial hostage
3. you bloody well have to use iTunes for everything...and somehow I just don't like that.

Overall I found the iPad to be restrictive...you get the feeling that Jobs is just behind you watching your every move and dictating what you can and cant do.
So now its up for sale...and I'm doing a bunch of research on what would properly fit my needs.

What I need is 1 & 2 and an app that will allow me to annotate Isometric/PID engineered drawings (BlueBeam Revu or Adobe of some sort). Anyone knowing of an android app that would do this.?? I would greatly appreciate that. Then its just a matter of picking which Jelly B tablet to use.

Cheers,

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I work in the oil sands in N Alberta. Working on a SAGD site (that stands for Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage. i.e.: no strip mining...its more like conventional drilling. We inject steam in and out comes diluted bitumen. (K, now you are an expert.! lol). Working up there as an Inspector, using a tablet is so much easier than carrying a laptop with you in your truck or wherever.

I just received an iPad 32gB with the retina display (yesterday). I previously had a 32 gB LTE BBry Playbook which unfortunately I mighta killed while attempting a digitizer screen changeout ergo the iPad. I messed with it for about 4 hours straight...I will say I was not all that impressed with the Apple offering.

1; you simply cannot create folders - major PITA (unless you have an app for that particular file)..but nothing like the droid OS.
2: (and I knew this), no memory upgrade via SDHC cards. (the PB was the same way btw.)..don't like being held as a financial hostage
3. you bloody well have to use iTunes for everything...and somehow I just don't like that.

Overall I found the iPad to be restrictive...you get the feeling that Jobs is just behind you watching your every move and dictating what you can and cant do.
So now its up for sale...and I'm doing a bunch of research on what would properly fit my needs.

What I need is 1 & 2 and an app that will allow me to annotate Isometric/PID engineered drawings (BlueBeam Revu or Adobe of some sort). Anyone knowing of an android app that would do this.?? I would greatly appreciate that. Then its just a matter of picking which Jelly B tablet to use.

Cheers,

As much as I love my N10, as soon as I saw 'annotate' I suspected a galaxy note 10.1 might be the best for you. The pen it has cannot be matched.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Android makes it pretty easy to make folders.

Though it won't be out for another week or so.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Cheers,

You do know jobs died in 2012 right?

Anyway, the nexus isn't upgrade able either, storage-wise. I've used both and as far as how apple is on restricting its device, useage, etc. that's how android is with its apps. There just aren't any

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Podcasts are a major factor in my decision between the iPad 5 and whatever succeeds the Nexus 10. Does Google have an iTunes-like platform that makes it easy for 1) people and companies to publish podcasts and 20 people to discover and subscribe to them? I use my Nexus 4 for browsing, email, text and apps but not for podcasts, whereas I frequently use my iPad 1 for podcasts, so I have zero experience with podcasts in the Android world. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanidnb